Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Listener Forum / Re: Who listens to KONT?
« Last post by tyketto on January 27, 2023, 06:36:17 PM »
Yeah, they've been operating reverse ops for the last couple of days.  Brings all those freighters nice and close to house.

Yeah.. for pretty much the entire week, the entire SoCal Basin has been in east ops. LAX was east, LGB was east, BUR was north, VNY was north, ONT was east, SNA was north.. only SAN stayed landing to the west, so it lead to a lot of interesting listening.

BL.
Feed Outage/Status Reports / KTUS2 Ground frequency temporary change added
« Last post by gavron on January 27, 2023, 05:10:04 PM »
As per https://notams.aim.faa.gov/lta/main/viewlta?lookupid=3018653419477931429
the KTUS2 feed has been updated to add 120.025 as the alternate ground frequency
good through 202303181200z.

It will be removed after that time.

Thanks,

Ehud
Tucson, Arizona, US
Pilot/Controller Forum / LinkedIn story about the RI at JFK
« Last post by KB4TEZ on January 27, 2023, 05:50:41 AM »
Would love to hear from any pilots on this.

As far as is emerging from news about RI at JFK it seems that American Airlines Flight 106 crew, which was involved in the runway incursion, was flying its first flight with new cockpit's procedures.
A new procedures introduced January the 2nd, 35-page bulletin that changes procedures. If confirmed, an implementation that had modified procedures through a 35-page bulletin #training in a 65- page manual rather than through in person training. New cockpit's procedures including changes to cockpit communications during critical events.
Furthermore it is reported that Allied Pilots Association had appealed the Federal Aviation Administration’s approval before the incident.
Without going into the merits of what is being reported by news sites these days, the topic deserves attention. The implementation of new procedures in complex activities must always be evaluated with great caution. In-person training is always the best method even if it involves a higher cost of resources. A complete and accurate informative dissemination allows a correct and safe application by the operators. Interpretative doubts, on the other hand, can have repercussions in the practical application of the new procedures. Causing, among other things, an increase in the workload due to uncertainty.
« Last post by N6RFB on January 26, 2023, 07:13:34 PM »
Yeah, they've been operating reverse ops for the last couple of days.  Brings all those freighters nice and close to house.
« Last post by tyketto on January 26, 2023, 06:49:48 PM »
So I was sitting here watching Kevin at LAX on Airline Videos and decided to check my KONT feed.  13 listeners, #9 on the top 50.  HOLY COW!  Got me wondering, Who listens to my feed and where are you located?  Glad to see folks are enjoying it.  Rich, N6RFB, Corona, CA.

Don't be surprised if a fair amount of people are listening to your feed. A Good possible explanation for it is that Apple just released new Macs, and they have been ordered a lot. So with those being tracked via FlightAware's iPhone tracker (same site will work for Macs or anything shipping from China), and all of them flying UPS or FDX, they'll make the run up to PANC, then to KSDF, then over to KONT for the west coast, unless they go directly to KONT from PANC. As you know with KONT being UPS' west coast hub, tons of traffic is going to be listened in on, especially for the cargo.

BL.
Listener Forum / Who listens to KONT?
« Last post by N6RFB on January 26, 2023, 04:35:05 PM »
So I was sitting here watching Kevin at LAX on Airline Videos and decided to check my KONT feed.  13 listeners, #9 on the top 50.  HOLY COW!  Got me wondering, Who listens to my feed and where are you located?  Glad to see folks are enjoying it.  Rich, N6RFB, Corona, CA.
Listener Forum / Re: KGPT feed is live
« Last post by mperry on January 26, 2023, 03:38:23 PM »
I'm glad GPT is up, thank you for providing this. What receiver are you using?
Aviation Audio Clips / Hurricane Ian last Delta arrivals KPBI
« Last post by KB4TEZ on January 26, 2023, 01:20:53 PM »
I was perusing some Ian audio, we're here on the east coast of Fla. even though Ian struck the west coast (our daugter is a senior over there at FGCU, pretty wild day/night when it hit), but we did have some affects over here on the east due to Ian's size.

PBI never did shut down, but traffic was very much decreased as Ian moved across the state.   Found these two last Delta's that day who arrived.
KPBI controllers are the best (sorry, home field advantage), and love the interaction and complimenting of the Pilot's landing in the conditions that afternoon.

Just two flights, so not a long listen.
Enjoy

JW
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/faa-cracks-down-on-contractor-linked-to-january-flight-grounding/ar-AA16LM35?cvid=1811e4eec42945489f639933509be265

(Bloomberg) -- Employees of a small government contractor linked to the massive US air-traffic error that grounded thousands of flights earlier this month have had their access revoked to the computer system that failed.
The Federal Aviation Administration provided the information to Congress on Wednesday, according to a person familiar with the update to lawmakers. The FAA also identified the name of the contractor for the first time, Spatial Front Inc., said the person, who asked not to be identified discussing the sensitive case.

Unnamed “personnel” inadvertently deleted a data file while troubleshooting the FAA’s computer system that dispenses safety notices to pilots, leading to its failure on Jan. 11, the agency said last week. Because aviators must have that information before departing, the FAA halted all departures for almost two hours early that day, prompting thousands of delays and cancellations throughout the day.
Spatial Front, based near Washington, works on computer systems at multiple US government agencies, according to its website. The company did not respond to emails seeking comment and attempts to reach it by phone were unsuccessful.

Early last week, its website touted work on FAA contracts, saying it had more than 50 employees working on more than 90 “mission critical” systems, including the one that failed, known as Notice to Air Mission or Notam.

In recent days, that information was removed from the company’s website.

The FAA’s update to Congress was earlier reported by the Wall Street Journal.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: What I heard on Guard today...
« Last post by KB4TEZ on January 26, 2023, 08:57:10 AM »
Here's what I heard on Guard (KPBI), oops!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10