airtraffic

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Aviation News (General) / United Airlines halts flights at JFK
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 04, 2022, 08:50:15 AM »
I had posted this news a while back, now it's official

https://www.linkedin.com/news/story/united-airlines-halts-flights-at-jfk-6018538/

After weeks of speculation, United Airlines has decided to temporarily suspend its services at New York City's John F. Kennedy International Airport. The move comes after the airline said its flight schedule "is too small to remain competitive," especially heading into the winter, CNN reports. Negotiations with the Federal Aviation Administration to get additional slots are ongoing, but United says change won't happen overnight. “We will follow our fair and well-established process to award future slots," the FAA said in response.

The temporary suspension will start October 29th, and United says it will work with those who purchased tickets anytime after then.
So not all of the US ATC sectors are covered by Liveatc. As a result there will be holes in coverage. I usually have a map of all the east coast (downloaded from this site) and would just skip over that sector and tune to the next available sector to hear the flight when it comes up on that expected sector.
Aviation Accidents/Incidents / Helicopter Crashes In Yard Of California Home Injuring 2
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 04, 2022, 05:55:48 AM »
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fresno-helicopter-crash-video_n_6339d7f2e4b08e0e606ed9d4

Video also in the link, wow !
FRESNO, Calif. —
A helicopter spun out of control and crashed in the front yard of a home in central California, hurting a pilot and passenger, authorities said.

The helicopter clipped the edge of the house and sheared off the top of a palm tree before crashing and coming to rest on its side in southeast Fresno around 10 a.m. Saturday, said police Lt. Charlie Chamalbide.Two men aboard, the 47-year-old pilot and a 33-year-old passenger, were hospitalized with minor injuries, Chamalbide said. Nobody on the ground was hurt.

The aircraft was a surveying helicopter on a test run, the lieutenant said. He did not have information about who owned it or who the occupants were working for.

“They heard a pop and then they started losing altitude — that’s as far as we know,” Chamalbide told reporters.
Listener Forum / hurricane aftermath at feed sites
« Last post by Chananya Freedman on October 03, 2022, 03:32:57 PM »
Curious, how much damage was there at liveatc feed sites that were affected by the hurricane that hit Florida last week? what needs complete replacement? from pictures i saw at various airports, there were many aircraft and hangers that were heavily damaged or completely destroyed. can someone post some information?

thanks.
Issue resolved - intermittent external sound card cable.
Listener Forum / Re: ZID University 120.57
« Last post by JetScan1 on October 03, 2022, 09:05:34 AM »
Ah okay, I was looking at the 29th, but got you now on the 30th. 120.575 is the Dayton sector but does not appear to be covered by LiveATC. However at that time of night Dayton was combined with 124.525 Muncie Low which is covered by LiveATC and the controller side of the conversation can be heard. Strange lights, can you elaborate on what you saw ?
« Last post by GPilot on October 03, 2022, 03:17:04 AM »
Well the only thing I'm not sure about is that I was with University High.  The rest is not in question for me.

We were talking with Indy Center on 120.57 from about 0740-0830UTC.  I did just notice that I miswrote the date Friday 9/29... But it was actually the Friday the 30th.  I have been searching the right date and time, but not sure what sector controls freq 120.57.  I did have someone tell me it was likely Dayton High? But can't find that anywhere.
« Last post by JetScan1 on October 02, 2022, 09:00:45 PM »
A few things don’t make sense here. University High Sector is 125.075 not 120.575. Did you mean 125.075 ? Also EJA 764 was not operating at the time 0730Z-0830Z. Did you mean a different time or a different flight number. If it was EJA 764 was it eastbound or westbound, as both legs passed through ZID ?
Listener Forum / ZID University 120.57
« Last post by GPilot on October 02, 2022, 08:29:27 AM »
I'm trying to get the feed from this past Friday, 9/29/22 from 0730-0830z from 120.57
We had a lot of conversation with the controller as well as multiple aircraft.
I found my handoff from a separate freuqeuncy to 120.57 just after 0730z, but can't seem to find the feed from there and later. 

Can anyone help? I've listened to a few hours of ZID sectors, and confirmed last night with another Indy controller that 120.57 is University High.
...but can't seem to find the transmissions.

Thanks in advance for the help.  We were EJA 764.

Aviation Audio Clips / Re: Nasty Atlanta Weather Sunday but she was so good
« Last post by Fred_Garvin on October 02, 2022, 07:35:38 AM »
That's the most amusing ATC exchange I have heard in a good while. thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10