Author Topic: Oslo / OSL / ENGM tower up, but no audio  (Read 5824 times)

Offline shortword

Oslo / OSL / ENGM tower up, but no audio
« on: July 17, 2023, 01:36:40 PM »
I've recently moved to Oslo and have been enjoying listening to ENGM / OSL / Gardermoen tower the past few weeks. However, the last day or two the tower feed hasn't been producing audio. (Approach and departure feeds are working OK.) The stream is up, connected, counting up on the timer, listed as up, but no audio on both the HTML and MP3 feeds, nor do the levels move at all when I've tried.

I saw the stickied post about not reporting down feeds. As such I'm a little hesitant to post. However, I'm doing so because I'm not sure if this case is covered by the down detector. If it is please feel free to correct me on this. (And, if so, maybe add a comment to the stickied thread clarifying this.)

Thanks for all of the work you do! If there is anything I can do to help (software engineer with some radio knowledge) let me know. I've also sent a donation via Paypal to say thanks as well.

Offline RonR

Re: Oslo / OSL / ENGM tower up, but no audio
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 02:41:51 PM »
If the feed shows as being "Up", but there's no audio when you connect to it, the problem is most likely radio/scanner related (squelch too high, radio turned off, problem with the audio output line from the radio, bad radio, etc.).

But I can tell you that LiveATC is definitely aware of the issue.  Hopefully the issue will be corrected as soon as possible.

I hope this helps,

Ron