airtraffic

Author Topic: Listen to a particular Aircraft.  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Zuluone

Listen to a particular Aircraft.
« on: October 01, 2017, 08:29:39 AM »
Hi there,

I have just joined this Forum, how do i listen to a particular Aircraft. I was tracking a DC10 on ADSB Exchange , callsign Clean09 , i briefly heard the comms , but then lost it, how would i find the Comms frequency again ?

Thanks David

Offline AeroBill

Re: Listen to a particular Aircraft.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 11:08:57 AM »
It would help if you could give your location, such as Northeast US, West Coast, or the like. Also were you listening on the internet
or on a scanner? The call sign you give for the aircraft sounds like a military plane. "Cleanxx" according to sources on the net is
for military aircraft in the Northeast US being ferried from one place to another. Look up "Coronet" on the net for a few more
details.
Unless you know the flight plan for the aircraft it would be very difficult to track it and you won't usually find any flight plans
listed publicly for military planes. You might be able to guess at the frequency being used by the plane's position and
altitude on ADSB exchange or say Flight24, if it tracks military aircraft, and if you had FAA ARTCC frequencies for that location.
Even if you had the flight plan of the aircraft and a FAA map showing ARTCC frequencies (or the excellent ones posted in the
past in the forums section of LiveATC by JetScan), you are limited by what frequencies LiveATC covers.
Bottom line, you probably heard as much as you are going to hear for this aircraft. Others in the forum may have some
recommendations as to frequencies monitored in the past for these flights.
Glad to have you on board. Enjoy the experience