airtraffic

Author Topic: KPVD - Providence  (Read 6628 times)

Offline JetScan1

KPVD - Providence
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »
Anyone familiar with the airspace in the Providence area ?

Just listening to the radio here and I'm wondering what frequency is used for what. The only approach frequency I can find listed in official documents is 135.40. The radio is scanning 135.40 and 128.70, one appears to be for departure and the other appears to be used for final approach vectoring, I'm just wondering which one is which ?

Also I note Providence Approach uses 119.45 to the west, arrivals inbound on the TEDDY STAR (even though the approach chart lists 135.40). Any chance 119.45 could be added to this radio as well ? And on the JORDN STAR approach chart it lists Providence Approach using 125.75, is this another Providence frequency or is the chart wrong ?

Thanks for any info.

DJ

Offline PHL Approach

KPVD - Providence
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »

Mike Catalfamo

KPVD - Providence
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 06:22:28 PM »
Today at an Aviation Expo at PVD, I had a chance to talk to a controller from the tower about the airspace configuration. They said that they have 6 actual frequencies they can use depending on different factors, but normally 135.4/128.7/119.45/125.75 are the ones used. Basically, 135.4 is their "final" sector. The departure frequency is 128.7. The physical location of these airspaces changes depending on the runway config, of course. As for the other two, 125.75 covers the area around BID, and I don't remember exactly, but 119.45 covers one of the area to the west. (I'm not sure if it's over Groton/Westerly or to the NW) Pretty vauge, but someday I'll try to get more exact details. For whatever reason, I can't find this information anywhere on the 'net, while it's there for most other airports. The most I've found is on a few approach plates, and they don't tell you much anyway. I don't believe that I can recieve 125.75/119.45 due to the transmitter location as stated in the other thread. If you have any other questions, let me know and I'll try my best to get in contact with someone who knows.

Offline JetScan1

KPVD - Providence
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 01:21:09 AM »
I can't find this information anywhere on the 'net, while it's there for most other airports.

Yes, there doesn't seem to be anything published in official documents or charts. Thanks for the info.

DJ