airtraffic

Author Topic: KMKE Feed Online  (Read 4978 times)

Offline greenfieldwi

• KMKE host
KMKE Feed Online
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:28:47 AM »
Well, as some of you may have seen, a Milwaukee feed that I am hosting came online this week.  I would appreciate any tips to make the feed better in terms of quality or suggestions. I'm a longtime listener, but only recently decided to offer up a feed, so I basically set up shop from scratch using an older scanner...and a new antenna.

At this time, Approach and Tower are on one feed, but we will be breaking that out soon.

Your feedback/suggestions would be appreciated!

-scott s. 

Offline midex717

Re: KMKE Feed Online
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 02:41:17 AM »
Thank you so much!!!!  I've missed this feed for so long.  It's great to have it back.

Thanks again!

Offline Seaduck123

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
Thank you for the great feed.  It is great for those of us here in Milwaukee.  The sound quality is very good and I really enjoy listening to the feed.

Seaduck

Offline greenfieldwi

• KMKE host
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »
I have built the second machine I will use for a dedicated tower feed and will be testing that. Given the constraints of my network, I'll need to take the feed offline for a few minutes to do some quick rewiring of my network switch, so I will plan for a late-night after most of the traffic is done for the night.  Those of you in the area know there isn't *too* much in the way of overnight flights in MKE.

I'm sure either Dave or I will post something to let you know when we're rolling.  If all goes well, I'll have it up either this weekend or next.

Thanks Seaduck and Midex for the feedback.

s.

Offline greenfieldwi

• KMKE host
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »
So things went a little faster than planned....

The separate tower feed is up for KMKE.  Dave was kind enough to help me with the final config and he has already split the page out for Approach/Departure and Tower feeds.

Again, comments, suggestions and gentle criticism always welcome.
Enjoy!
s.

Offline Seaduck123

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
Thanks again for the feeds.  I really enjoy listening.

Seaduck

Offline Walters

• My Myspace page
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 06:00:42 AM »
this feed rules