airtraffic

Author Topic: KISP Frequencies  (Read 3601 times)

Offline rajsingh0621

KISP Frequencies
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:16:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new to liveatc. I was listening to Islip Airport (KISP) on liveatc.net It shows that I can listen to (KISP Del/Gnd/Twr/NY App) by clicking the listen button. First I noticed that I was listening to the approach, but then later it sounded like I was listening to the Tower. Does this mean that this link will keep switching between these frequencies? I was a little confused here. There are forward and backward buttons on the window and I clicked on those to see if I can toggle between different frequencies and it doesn't seem to work that way. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks

Offline AeroBill

Re: KISP Frequencies
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
Normally a radio scanner is used to scan multiple frequencies as is the case with KISP.  So, it will pick up the first available
transmission it comes across in its scanning program.  Presently there is no way for you as the listener to choose which
frequency you want to listen to. Often the Tower/Approach/Departure personnel will identify themselves as, "Tower",
"Approach", "Departure". The approaching/departing aircraft will usually call, "Tower", "Approach", or "Departure",
which also is a big help.  Some of the more extensive sites, such as KPHL, KBOS, have a number of scanners and can
provide separate feeds for Tower, Approach and Departure.
Enjoy listening.