airtraffic

Author Topic: Help me follow my flight?  (Read 6755 times)

Offline StrongDreams

Help me follow my flight?
« on: March 09, 2011, 12:07:11 PM »
I'm flying from Rochester (KROC) to Denver, via Atlanta, and I'd like to follow my flight (in-flight wi-fi).  I'd like to bookmark the feeds in advance -- the airports are obvious but I'm not sure which centers I'll be passing through or how to find them on LiveAtc.  Any help?

Offline Dan CZQM

• Trip Website
Re: Help me follow my flight?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 12:31:27 PM »
www.flightaware.com will give you your flight path but I am not familiar with the frequencies needed for your travel.  I do hope you have continued liveatc coverage for all your flight.  Have a good one.

Dan

Offline K5PAT

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:05:57 PM »
You should fly through ZOB ZID ZTL ZME ZKC AND ZDV. Do a search for those centers on the LiveATC home page and see if any feeds are listed. It may be hard to follow your particular flight since each center has many frequencies and the scanner may be on another channel when your flight checks in. You'll probably have more luck listening to approach and tower where you are landing.
Here is the site for Atlanta ATC feeds http://www.airtrafficatlanta.com/
Denver is on LiveATC.
Right now my ZHU feed has about a 30 second delay so you will have to allow for varying delays in different centers.
Good luck!

Offline StrongDreams

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Thanks.  I had the idea of following the same flight from the ground before I left, so I could get all the hand-offs, but the first frequency (Cleveland Center 127.47) is not on Live ATC.  I suppose whoever scans that center lives too far away from ROC to get that frequency?  Oh well, I'll keep looking.  Thanks for the listing.