Author Topic: Hello everybody - new member here  (Read 5520 times)

Offline Kevin McG

Hello everybody - new member here
« on: September 02, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »
Lets me start off by telling everybody my name and why I'm here, my name is Kevin and I live in Nashua, NH. The reason I came across this site isn't because I fly, it's mainly my 2 year old Kyle's fault :) seems he has taking quite the like to watching airplanes and we are lucky enough to have a smaller municipal airport (Biore Field) and a larger airport(Manchester) close enough where every weekend I take him to one or sometimes both to watch aircraft take-off and land, he loves it and talks about it every day. Well, I was doing some searching online and came across some wonderful websites such as this one to see where all the traffic is in our area. I must admit I love listening to some of those air traffic controllers directing the traffic!

Anyway, looks like a great site and look forward to many hours browsing and learning.

also while I'm here is there a site such as http://www4.passur.com/bos.html for the Manchester incoming/outgoing traffic? they fly right over our house pretty low sometimes and would love to see the info on the different aircraft.

Thanks everybody!
Kevin
Nashua, NH

Offline KSYR-pjr

Re: Hello everybody - new member here
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 12:11:17 PM »
Hello, Kevin, and welcome.  Children certainly have a way of sparking interest of various things in their parents.  I never liked watching NASCAR racing until my second-born son started watching it.

While not fluid like PASSEUR, you can see activity for Manchester here:

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KMHT

Click on the map you see at the top right and a second window will open that magnifies the area.  Both the page at the link above and this "magnified" map will automatically refresh every minute.  Note that like PASSEUR, the data is purposely delayed about 5 minutes for security reasons.  

LiveATC feeds, however, are not purposely delayed and only experience about a 10-30 second delay due to the audio to digital back to audio processing that takes place between the scanner at the feed site and your computer.

Offline Kevin McG

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
Thanks for the reply Peter, I did see that site but wasn't sure if there was something out there a bit more "fluid" as Passeur. That for the heads up on the delay, I figured there was something but wasn't sure how much of a delay there was.

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 03:05:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply Peter, I did see that site but wasn't sure if there was something out there a bit more "fluid" as Passeur.

Not for free, but there are some subscription sites (www.fboweb.com) that might offer a more Passeur-like interface.  I don't know for sure as I don't subscribe to any of those sites.

Offline w0x0f

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:49:48 PM »
Kevin,

Welcome aboard.  This link will take you to all of the airports served by Passur.

http://www.passur.com/airportmonitor-locations.htm

w0x0f

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:04 PM »
Welcome, Kevin!  I am based out of Nashua - maybe I'll see you and your son around the airport one of these days.

Enjoy the site.

Dave