airtraffic

Author Topic: Diversions to KSYR  (Read 4733 times)

Offline makonyy15

Diversions to KSYR
« on: June 18, 2008, 05:44:59 PM »
At least 2 planes have been diverted to KSYR. AA114, a 757 from LAX to EWR and ASH7157 from KBOS to KIAD. Occuring now. Mesa is sitting on the North De-Ice pad in a CRJ-200.

Syracuse Approach mentioned to AA114 that their flight had been diverted to syracuse twice already this week.

EDIT: KABE is experiencing the same influx of flights diverted out of NJ/NYC.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 06:30:58 PM by makonyy15 »

Offline makonyy15

Re: Diversions to KSYR
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »
Another update, American 2 heavy, 767, has also been diverted to KSYR from LAX originally to JFK. I'm guessing this is because of the weather system of the NY Metro area. All are still in Syracuse receiving fuel and holding on the deice pads on this time.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 07:21:50 PM »
Another update, American 2 heavy, 767, has also been diverted to KSYR from LAX originally to JFK. I'm guessing this is because of the weather system of the NY Metro area. All are still in Syracuse receiving fuel and holding on the deice pads on this time.

I would think so. Real nasty line of storms from Long Island down the corridor to Washington then west to around Cincinnati. KSAN's ATIS has flow control and call for release procedures in effect for JFK, BWI, EWR, LGA, IAD, DCA, and PHL. SMF has about the same..

BL.

Offline NY Z Pilot

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:09:16 AM »
they ground stopped all ZBW traffic for a while last night due to weather.