Author Topic: Continental Airlines and mechanic guilty in deadly Concorde crash  (Read 6709 times)

Offline Dngnkeeper

The fiery crash that brought down a Concorde supersonic jet in 2000, killing 113 people, was caused partially by the criminal negligence of Continental Airlines and a mechanic who works for the company, a French court ruled Monday.

The rest of the story...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/12/06/france.concorde.trial/index.html?hpt=T2

alltheway

Re: Continental Airlines and mechanic guilty in deadly Concorde crash
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »
Hmmm, I found this video on youtube it contains some still's where you can see the take-off with the main gear just airborne. The fire is severe, but engines 1 &2 are visible and the nosegear tires are looking ok to me... So I don't know about this....

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:00:39 PM »
and the nosegear tires are looking ok to me... So I don't know about this....

It was a tire on the left main gear that hit the metal strip and blew...not the nose gear...

alltheway

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:59 AM »

It was a tire on the left main gear that hit the metal strip and blew...not the nose gear...

That is only if you believe the government's story (which I don't) I can judge for my self and it is more in trajectory with the left nosegear tire what probably fired away that metal which penetrated the fuel tank which started leaking and with engines at high thrust the fuel ignited all on the ground and that to me sounds more true than what governments try to lie to us....

Offline toeknee25

• My twitter page
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »
That is only if you believe the government's story (which I don't) I can judge for my self and it is more in trajectory with the left nosegear tire what probably fired away that metal which penetrated the fuel tank which started leaking and with engines at high thrust the fuel ignited all on the ground and that to me sounds more true than what governments try to lie to us....

It was the inside tires on the left main gear that cause the puncture. Take a look at the tire tracks your self. You can see that irregular marks were left by the left main gear.

http://www.concordesst.com/accident/englishreport/12.html

Offline joeyb747

• Nothing Like A 747!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

alltheway

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 04:33:18 PM »

I have to quote myself again, because the two above are not true and is the "official" conclusion, which I don't believe after seeing the photo's in my youtube video.... so