airtraffic

Author Topic: Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2008  (Read 5990 times)

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2008
« on: February 10, 2008, 01:50:31 PM »
A very good friend of mine wanted me to pass this along to those interested in participating this year.  He is organizing a clinic for the Northeast area which I plan on attending with him.

I would like to announce the third annual Cessnas 2 Oshkosh mass arrival into Oshkosh on July 26th, the Saturday before the start of AirVenture 2008. This year Cessnas 2 Oshkosh entered a partnership with the Cessna Pilots Association to conduct the mass arrival. We have already secured a LOA with the FAA and our slot is for 2:30 pm local time, between the Bonanzas to Oshkosh and the Mooney Caravan.

We will camp under our wings at Cessna Base Camp where we will have reserved space for as many as 500 airplanes. We will enjoy a catered BBQ dinner, prices and lots of fun.

Visit our website and get more detailed information on four already scheduled formation flight training clinics and other activities. More clinics are in the planning stage. Rodney Swanson, our Director of Training and Operations is working feverishly on the logistics of the formation flight training clinics.

You can help us spread the word about the mass arrival, download our flyer!

It's in user-friendly pdf format. You can print some copies and post it in your local FBO, flying club and wherever you meet fellow pilots.

If you have specific questions, feel free to email us at Info@cessnas2oshkosh.com for all general matters. You may also email me directly at Gil@cessnas2oshkosh.com.

If you can host a formation training clinic at your local airport, particularly the Northwest, get in touch with Rodney Swanson at Rodney@cessnas2oshkosh.com.

Everyone is invited and all are welcome!

Gil

Thanks,
Jason
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 01:52:55 PM by Jason »

Offline RV1

Re: Cessnas 2 Oshkosh 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 07:04:16 PM »
Hope MKE apch is ready for the airshow...

Offline tyketto

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:54 AM »
Better than that, is there any heads up on if the KOSH feed will be up again this year for it?

BL.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 07:16:04 AM »
Better than that, is there any heads up on if the KOSH feed will be up again this year for it?

BL.

Fortunately, a feeder has contacted us with interest in providing a feed for ATW and OSH.  We shipped him a scanner a few weeks ago and the feed will be up within the next few weeks if all goes correctly.  During AirVenture, only OSH will be scanned.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:21:09 AM by Jason »

Offline RV1

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 07:43:35 AM »
Where is AWI? If you meant Appleton, it would be ATW. Although not the 'airshow' airport, this airport gets extremely busy, at one convention landing or departing an aircraft every 45 seconds, it helped though that there was a Navion convention held there for that year's EAA.

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 09:21:52 AM »
Where is AWI? If you meant Appleton, it would be ATW. Although not the 'airshow' airport, this airport gets extremely busy, at one convention landing or departing an aircraft every 45 seconds, it helped though that there was a Navion convention held there for that year's EAA.

Yup, that's what I meant.  Typos seem to come quite often in the early hours of the morning.  :-)  When AirVenture rolls around, it may be so busy that we will dedicate the scanner just to Oshkosh.  We'll have to see.