Author Topic: Broadcasting the Willow Grove NAS Airshow 5/29  (Read 5393 times)

Offline PHL Approach

Broadcasting the Willow Grove NAS Airshow 5/29
« on: May 29, 2005, 01:05:41 AM »
You might have seen the feed was down for ZNY on Saturday. That's because I was at the NXX airshow and brought the scanner. Well from now 1:00am EST until 6:00pm or so tonight 5/29 I will be broadcasting Willow Grove Ground, Tower and the GCA (Radar Facility). Unfortunatly my scanner isn't UHF capable and I dont have the Air Boss and Blue Angel freqs. Hopefully there should be some pretty good action. BTW, Im about 8 miles from the airport. I pick the controllers up pretty well, the aircraft can be on the low side.

Enjoy,
      Ed

BTW, You probably wont hear any action until 6am when everyone is practicing for the show. And also 6am is when the tower opens. The show starts at 8:30am and goes until 4pm. If you want some info go to www.willowgroveairshows.com

Offline PHL Approach

Broadcasting the Willow Grove NAS Airshow 5/29
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 06:01:43 PM »
ZNY Is back up!

Offline grr915

Re: Broadcasting the Willow Grove NAS Airshow 5/29
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 07:51:48 PM »
Id luv to have someone  broadcast knxx willow grove nas jrb 119.6

Offline tyketto

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 08:04:55 PM »
You might have seen the feed was down for ZNY on Saturday. That's because I was at the NXX airshow and brought the scanner. Well from now 1:00am EST until 6:00pm or so tonight 5/29 I will be broadcasting Willow Grove Ground, Tower and the GCA (Radar Facility). Unfortunatly my scanner isn't UHF capable and I dont have the Air Boss and Blue Angel freqs. Hopefully there should be some pretty good action. BTW, Im about 8 miles from the airport. I pick the controllers up pretty well, the aircraft can be on the low side.

If you ever decide to do this again, Ed, FreqOfNature has the frequencies for the Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, and the CAP. Blue Angels are below.

http://www.freqofnature.com/index.php?m=Aviation&p=Blue%20Angels

BL.

Offline PHL Approach

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:38:39 AM »
Brad, believe it or not NXX was one of the stations that the BRAC had decided to close down. All operations have pretty much dropped off, only a couple things going on and they'll come to end probably early next year. Last year they decided not even to have one for the first time. So there goes that...