airtraffic

Author Topic: American 2211 (Help Requested)  (Read 55501 times)

Offline mattkab

American 2211 (Help Requested)
« on: November 17, 2023, 02:50:29 PM »
Just wondering if any live ATC experts can help me find the audio of my flight this week that did a go-around. It was my first go-around in years on a commercial plane. I've been trolling the archives, but not finding anything. Everyone is safe and there was no real drama on board, so just curious what actually happened.

Details:
Nov 13, Miami International, approximately 6pm local time. American Airlines flight 2211, STX-MIA.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/id/AAL2211-1699719459-airline-1202p

Offline RonR

Re: American 2211 (Help Requested)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 10:45:15 PM »
Tried to find the audio but unfortunately it seems that the audio file for your flight at the time of your go-around was missing the portion where your flight did the go-around.  Most likely there was another flight that landed before yours and may not have cleared the runway fast enough or maybe a departing flight couldn't start their takeoff roll quick enough for whatever reason and that's why the go-around.  It's interesting that another flight (AAL943) was also told to go-around about ten minutes after your flight but probably not for the same reason.

Ron

Offline mattkab

Re: American 2211 (Help Requested)
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 12:06:31 PM »
Thank you for taking a look. I feel better that it wasn't just user error and that the audio wasn't there.

I figure it was just something on the runway, but thought since I experienced it in person I'd be fun to hear the exchange. Oh well, of to fly again this afternoon.  8-)