Author Topic: Plane At Shreveport Downtown Airport Hits Deer On Runway  (Read 11293 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

Plane At Shreveport Downtown Airport Hits Deer On Runway
« on: August 11, 2023, 05:30:06 AM »
No word on the deer's condition
(video in the link, ATC audio too)

https://710keel.com/plane-at-shreveport-downtown-airport-hits-deer-on-runway-video/

A little too much excitement for a local pilot after making his approach into the Downtown Airport last Saturday night.

Love Shreveport Facebook reported the incident that happened as the plane was taxiing at a pretty good speed still down the runway.

Shreveport Fire Department responded to the Downtown Airport on Airport Drive after receiving the call on Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 9:42PM for an Aircraft Emergency Alert 3 call.

The aircraft, a small two passenger plane, was making a landing when the pilot, Mr. Kinsey, noticed a deer running onto the runway in front of his plane.

“This is why I fly with a go pro!! My wife has waited 2 years and after I have accumulated over 200 hours, I crash my plane.  I'm gutted!!  We are both safe. the plane suffered major damage.” Mr. Kinsey stated.

At one point SFD had 16 units on this scene. The video also shows the damage to the aircraft caused by the deer.