airtraffic

Author Topic: TWA 800 Full 27 Minute Recording  (Read 26375 times)

Offline Wolfala

TWA 800 Full 27 Minute Recording
« on: October 13, 2005, 05:26:17 PM »
Had in my collection for several years in real audio format. Dumped it into mp3.

Offline tyketto

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 05:32:24 PM »
I have the .wav of this. I thought while listening to it over and over, that I was being rather morbid, as a plane exploded and people lost their lives.. but I enjoyed listening to it, just to see how calm and collected the controller at KZNY was during the whole thing.

This is a very good listen. I highly recommend it for anyone who is coming into the profession on how to react in an emergency.

BL.

Offline sotrax

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 03:26:29 PM »
I am German and still a student, so its rather difficult to understand this without reading a transcript while hearing it.
Anyone got one maybe?

Offline IndyTower

Offline mdl21483

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 04:33:50 PM »
I know this post is pretty old and the topic much older, but I picked up on a few questionmarks during the recording...

1. 0024:42 [TWA 800 ###] new york center TWA's ah lifeguard eight hundred heavy eight thousand two hundred climbing one one thousand

Lifeguard? If I remember correctly, the lifeguard appending means that there was a medical condition on board, which raises the question as to who and what the condition was, which obviously was bad enough to warrent it but not enough to limit transoceanic transport to specialized airmedic services.

2. 0028:00 [UNKNOWN] (unintelligible)

when slowed down by half, it sounds like its orders during the military exercises that says "Greenback, dive" or something pretty similar.

Never did hear how they explained the red residue that was found on the underside near the center tank explosion point, the same type and chemical composit as your standard solid rocket fuel.

Offline satyan sarath

hi
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 05:26:12 AM »
i downloaded this file for listening to it. i have windows media player and vlc all format player, but the audio is intermittant and breaking in both players. could anybody help me pls or which is the best audio player for this purposes pls?

Offline Wolfala

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 06:58:27 PM »
The origional file was in Real Audio, which got dubbed over to Wav - then mp3 encoded. The quality was crappy 10 years ago since that is when the first file came into existance.