Author Topic: Plane makes emergency landing in Spanish Fork after landing gear malfunction  (Read 1332 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/plane-makes-emergency-landing-in-spanish-fork-after-landing-gear-malfunction

I have pulled some audio that amazes me, but how calm and cooperative the others were, was just amazing
I loved how he described, "oh this will be a full stop!"
Thankfully, all ok.

SPANISH FORK, Utah — A small twin engine passenger plane made an unexpected emergency landing Saturday evening at the Spanish Fork airport.

The pilot advised the tower of a potential issue after receiving an indication that there was a problem with the landing gear retracting properly.
Officials with the Spanish Fork Police department say the plane was forced to circle back and burn fuel for over an hour. Other aircraft took to the air as pilots flew alongside to help assess the situation.

After the visual inspection, it was determined the pilot should make an emergency landing without the nose landing gear. With airport emergency services on the ground standing by, the plane was able to successfully land.

No major injuries were reported by those on-board, which included the pilot, his son and two grandsons.