airtraffic

Author Topic: Interesting conversation between GA pilot and App Ctl over late arrival.  (Read 3235 times)

Offline rysium

Poznan Approach (that is in Poland, Europe).  The conversation is carried with heavy accent as pilot seems to be a German, and controller is Polish.  Pilot could not file a flight to arrive to Poznan airport after 8pm, but he already had a hotel reservation over there.  Controller was helping to arrange approval for late arrival.  I had never heard such long speech on one push of the mike on the frequency.  Apparently controller was not busy so he could carry such long conversation.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 03:33:35 PM by rysium »

Offline tyketto

Poznan Approach (that is in Poland, Europe).  The conversation is carried with heavy accent as pilot seems to be a German, and controller is Polish.  Pilot could not file a flight to arrive to Poznan airport after 8pm, but he already had a hotel reservation over there.  Controller was helping to arrange approval for late arrival.  I had never heard such long speech on one push of the mike on the frequency.  Apparently controller was not busy so he could carry such long conversation.

There was a Bravo Zulu award awarded to a controller who also happened to be a pilot, and talked down a pilot under distress all the way down to touching down, after having some serious problems with her aircraft. The other pilots in the pattern also on frequency just continued to circle the field and listen in as he got her all the way down. I'm pretty sure there's a clip of it here, if not a transcript. Search here for "Delta State" and you should find something.

BL.

Offline GeoffSM1

There was a Bravo Zulu award awarded to a controller who also happened to be a pilot, and talked down a pilot under distress all the way down to touching down, after having some serious problems with her aircraft. The other pilots in the pattern also on frequency just continued to circle the field and listen in as he got her all the way down. I'm pretty sure there's a clip of it here, if not a transcript. Search here for "Delta State" and you should find something.

BL.

I recall that incident. Unfortunately I think you will find searching for Delta State only links to this thread.

Offline tyketto

BL.

I recall that incident. Unfortunately I think you will find searching for Delta State only links to this thread.

Found it! I smegged up. Not a Bravo Zulu award. An ARCHIE award.

Enjoy!

https://www.natca.org/index.php/media-center/other-natca-awards/archie-league-awards/99-the-2009-honorees/985-southwest-region

EDIT: PDF transcript is here.
https://www.natca.org/images/Archie_Media/2009/SOUTHWESTTRANSCRIPT2009.pdf

BL.