airtraffic

Author Topic: DAL291 From CDG Diverts to KMSP  (Read 1644 times)

Offline RonR

DAL291 From CDG Diverts to KMSP
« on: September 28, 2023, 10:27:55 AM »
On September 22, DAL291 from Paris' Charles de Gaulle (France) was over Canadian airspace at FL360 when the crew decided to divert to Minneapolis because of an onboard medical emergency.  The medical issue involved one of the flight crew members.  The crew member was taken to the passenger cabin where a doctor that was onboard tended to his condition.  Another flight crew member who was resting at the time took over for the other crew member.  The rest of the flight proceeded normally and landed safely a short time later at KSMP.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL291/history/20230922/1330Z/LFPG/KMSP
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 10:30:02 AM by RonR »

Offline KB4TEZ

Re: DAL291 From CDG Diverts to KMSP
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 02:52:12 PM »
Was perusing around up in the Canadian ATC to find the initial call to divert, but never could find.
i had found what you did, and yes that approach is so loud and hissy coming into MSP.
cleaned it up best I could.

John

Offline UncleDM

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2023, 04:44:30 AM »
Hello,
Very grateful for the recording made, but maybe you have all the conversations form ACC to APP and TWR separately? i need them for my study case, but i thought maybe you have the recordings from archive with all the other traffic in the background from initial call to landing in KMSP. Or maybe you can tell me the times on the frequency to check because i was looking at 22 september and it was difficult for my to find the DL291 on the radio with controllers. To sum up what i need is the raw files (or dates/times where to check on archive) of DL291.

Thanks in advance!

Offline RonR

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2023, 08:16:17 AM »
Good morning,
If you want to listen to the raw audio at the time this was happening, then you have to go to the audio archives for ZMP Sector 25/DLH ANG and find the recordings for September 22 at time 2130Z and start there.  I hope you find what you're looking for.
Ron

Offline UncleDM

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2023, 03:26:07 AM »
Thank you, Ron!

I tried to look it up on the archive for ZMP sector, but will probably need to contact support because the 30 days has passed and i was unable to retrieve the recording. So their initial call started in ZMP sector 25, and afterwards went to KMSP approach and then tower do i understand correct?
Maybe by any chance you can acces the archive files? Or maybe The author @KB4TEZ will see this feed and will help out.

Thanks,
UncleDM

Offline RonR

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2023, 06:44:09 AM »
Yea, that's correct. The flight crew's initial call with the problem started in Canadian airspace but the audio file started with ZMP when DAL291 crossed over from Canadian airspace into US airspace.  At one point ATC instructed the flight crew to "change to my frequency 127.9"  but for some reason I could not hear that changeover even though that frequency was in the same audio archive.  Probably an issue with that ZMP feed at the time.  So there was a portion of ZMP that was not in my audio file.  Other than that, yes, it went from ZMP to approach and then tower.  I also sent you a PM about thjs...
Ron