airtraffic

Author Topic: 130 flights impacted by jets clipping each other ground stop at Hobby Airport  (Read 1088 times)

Offline KB4TEZ

https://abc13.com/why-is-hobby-airport-flights-grounded-houston-runway-incident-skyeye-13-private-plane-winglet-clipped/13965780/
(only one berry there at HOU, cleaned up what I could, but wow, all ok.)

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Houston's Hobby Airport lifted a ground stop Tuesday evening, hours after two private jets clipped each other on the taxiway.

The airport tower informed SkyEye that planes began taking off closer to 7 p.m., the estimated time of the end to the emergency stoppage.

Houston Airport System and the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed the two small jets clipped each other as they were moving on the airfield at about 3:30 p.m. There were no injuries reported, and the aircraft were declared fire-safe by the Houston Fire Department.

The FAA elaborated on preliminary findings, stating a twin-engine Hawker H25B departed Runway 22 without permission when it collided with a twin-engine Cessna C510 that was landing on Runway 13 Right.

Offline ATCDol

The playback lookup tool is pulling the wrong audio, any chance it was a mis-label and the correct audio will become available?

Given the Hawker's reply requesting landing, and the FAA's tweet, I feel like it'd be interesting to hear what happened when Hawker was lining up.

Offline KB4TEZ

I went back further, and never did hear it, with the freq splits at KHOU, it probably wasn't recorded.
funky set up, but got all I could

John

Offline Rick108

I went back through it all, too.  The only audio I found for the Hawker (N269AA) was taxi instructions - no line up and wait or anything else at all.  There were several approach vectors for N510HM but nothing unusual.  As previously mentioned, with so many frequencies on one feed, lots of audio is missed since the receiver can only hear one frequency at a time.  The NTSB will have access to all of it though, so the preliminary report should shed some light on what really happened.  Lots of speculation in the media that the Hawker took off without a clearance, and maybe he did, but I'm not sure how they could know that yet.

Offline manwol

I am also learning new things here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 02:30:39 PM by Fryy - Avocadoflight »