airtraffic

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Listener Forum / Re: Geneva frequencies missing
« Last post by quelbazar on October 08, 2021, 09:04:19 AM »
There are no messages from you in our support system. Please PM me offline with a ticket number if you have one. But checking your email address there is no contact.

18 months after, I'm back  :wink:

I've done a successful rtl-airband config. I can now provide :

LSGG Geneva Arrival: 136.255
OR
LSGG Geneva Departure 119.525 (or 119.530 ?)

I don't know how to provide 2 freqs with only one dongle.

I will fill the ad hoc contact form and DM to Dave.
Aviation Audio Clips / AA2531 Bird Strike
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 08, 2021, 08:24:44 AM »
Pretty calm and cool both tower and flight deck.
ARTCC/FIR/TRACON Maps / ZAB ARTCC Sector Map
« Last post by ediii on October 06, 2021, 06:44:51 PM »
Hi Ya, I am new here and am interested in sectorization where I live in ZAB territory. Would anyone here have a sector map with freqs for ZAB? Appreciate any info.
Thanks, Ed
Aviation Accidents/Incidents / Incredible Video Of Plane Crash On Texas Highway
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 05, 2021, 12:43:51 PM »
https://realradio921.iheart.com/content/2021-10-04-incredible-video-of-plane-crash-on-texas-highway/?Keyid=socialflow&Sc=editorial&Pname=local_social&fbclid=IwAR35IZwyvFFMPVxm-D28MfjsLHUL8uGYuIptPyPlhQwIPecADUZGjGWlyDg
(wow video !!!)

A Texas pilot is lucky to be alive after his plane clipped a streetlight, sending the aircraft crashing onto the highway below.

According to reports, the incredible video was taken on Saturday in Winnie, Texas. The plane took off from Highway 124, clipped a streetlight, and sent the vessel to the ground.

Local reports say the plane had been used in a parade as a float. So the pilot decided he would take off from the street to return home.

Luckily, the pilot was not injured in the crash. However, the street was closed for several hours.

The cause of the crash is currently being investigated, but it is believed windy conditions may have contributed to the pilot losing control.
(thank you AVH)
cool under pressure crew for sure.

http://avherald.com/h?article=4ee2677c&opt=0

A Spirit Airlines Airbus A320-200N, registration N922NK performing flight NK-3044 from Atlantic City,NJ to Fort Lauderdale,FL (USA), was accelerating for takeoff from Atlantic City's runway 31 when the crew rejected takeoff at low speed (about 60 knots over ground) advising they had a bird strike into the right hand engine (PW1127G) and were stopping on the runway. The aircraft slowed safely and stopped on the runway about 550 meters/1800 feet down the runway, tower queried whether the aircraft needed any assistance, the crew replied "roll the trucks please". A short while later tower advised there appeared to be fire underneath the engine. The crew acknowledged, the fire bell was audible in the background of that transmission, and about a minute later advised they were evacuating the aircraft. There were no injuries.

The airline reported a large bird entered one of the engines, the crew braked safely and brought the aircraft to stop, received indication of engine damage and ordered an evacuation in line with standard operating procedures.

Videos show the aircraft was evacuated through the left hand forward and left hand aft main doors using slides.

On Oct 4th 2021 it emerged, that an entire fan blade had fractured at its root and separated.
Aviation Accidents/Incidents / Helicopter, small plane crash mid-air
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 01, 2021, 03:08:59 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/helicopter-small-plane-crash-mid-air/ar-AAP2Y5S?li=BBnbfcL

A helicopter and a fixed-wing plane collided in mid-air in Chandler, Arizona, Friday, local authorities confirmed.We are at the scene of a mid-air collision between a plane and helicopter at a Chandler Airpark. We ask anyone who possibly witnessed or caught this incident on camera to contact Chandler PD at 480-782-4130," the police posted.The plane was able to land safely, but the helicopter crashed and caught on fire, the Chandler Fire department reported. Chandler Police have confirmed two deaths.

(thoughts with their families)
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: WestWind II PR-BVB SBGO Accident
« Last post by KB4TEZ on October 01, 2021, 01:35:52 PM »
thankfully, no injuries
Aviation Audio Clips / WestWind II PR-BVB SBGO Accident
« Last post by lualcorreia on October 01, 2021, 09:32:50 AM »
The Brasil Vida Taxi Aéreo aircraft crashed 400m after the end of the runway. It all happened on a Tuesday afternoon around 12:30.
https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-opens-emergency-door-jumps-onto-wing-of-plane-in-miami
(ground freq's at KMIA are down, so no audio I could find)

MIAMI, Fla. (AP) — Police say a passenger on an American Airlines flight that landed at Miami International Airport opened an emergency door and walked on the wing as the plane reached the terminal.

Flight 920 from Cali, Colombia, had just landed in Miami Wednesday night when the incident happened.

American Airlines said in a statement that "the customer was immediately detained by law enforcement."
Once the gate was attached to the plane, U.S. Customs and Border Protection took the man into custody without incident.

All the other passengers were able to leave without issue. Authorities offered no additional details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MIAMI (CBS12) — The man who opened an emergency door and jumped out on the wing as the plane taxied to the terminal in Miami claimed he had to get out of the plane because he believed he was being followed.

Miami-Dade Police arrested Christian Segura, 33, of Orlando, just after an American Airlines flight from Colombia landed at Miami International Airport on Wednesday evening.

According to the arrest report, a security agent inside the terminal heard a thump in the direction of the inbound aircraft while doing a security check. She looked out and saw a man coming toward her, saying, "Help me, help me, I feel like I'm in danger as I saw bad things happening on board."

The man then jumped to the ground where Customs and Border Patrol agents detained him.

Segura admitted to investigators he opened the emergency door on the plane and jumped to the ground. According to the arrest report, he said he saw something while at the Cali airport and was on alert because of that. He felt he was being followed and had to get out of the aircraft.
Aviation Accidents/Incidents / Small plane crashes in Hobe Sound, FL
« Last post by KB4TEZ on September 29, 2021, 07:07:14 AM »
https://cbs12.com/news/local/small-plane-crashes-in-hobe-sound

HOBE SOUND, Fla. (CBS12) — A small plane crashed in Hobe Sound on Tuesday afternoon.

The Martin County Sheriff's Office said the plane went down in a field off SE Bridge Road, near South Florida Grassing.No word on the extent of injuries to the pilot. The sheriff's office said Fire Rescue and Lifestar are on scene.  The sheriff's office says the NTSB has been notified of the crash.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10