Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Listener Forum / Re: Frequency Request - ZAU
« Last post by avgeek123 on December 30, 2021, 08:06:06 AM »
Hey Dave,

Yes it is still the Roberts 45 High sector. The BUEC is in Sibley, IL (QIB).

It would be awesome if they could pick it up! I’m looking at maybe getting my own setup down the road and contributing to this community soon.

TH
Listener Forum / Re: Frequency Request - ZAU
« Last post by dave on December 30, 2021, 07:58:41 AM »
Hi TH-

Is 134.02 still Sector 45 Roberts High Sector? RCAG still Roberts, IL? Or has that moved somewhere else? Also, where is the BUEC site?

We can try to see if our Lafayette or Champaign receiver sites can hear the ground transmitter.

Dave

Listener Forum / Frequency Request - ZAU
« Last post by avgeek123 on December 30, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »
Hi folks,

First and foremost, I appreciate this community and appreciate the lengths everyone has gone to in order to provide this amazing tool for our use.

I had a request that I was hoping to fulfill. I am currently a controller at ZAU and am looking for a live feed of one of my sectors, VHF 134.02. I plan on using this as a training tool for our trainees so they can listen to traffic and watch airplanes in real time on FlightAware (we have training suspended due to COVID so we have some guys sitting idle). With this, our trainees would be able to "monitor" real traffic with audio to help further their training, ultimately creating a safer environment. If anyone can assist, myself and our trainees would greatly appreciate this.

Thank you so much!
- TH
Aviation News (General) / UPS Just Waiting to get to Birmingham
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 30, 2021, 06:36:49 AM »
Another wicked night of weather in the SE slowly moved ENE, and this morning, the one lone inbound to Birmingham, just waiting.
Was listening on the way into work this morning in my LiveATC app.
Aviation Accidents/Incidents / Helicopter crash in Tennessee leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
« Last post by KB4TEZ on December 30, 2021, 06:22:58 AM »
RIP

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — One person died and another was injured Wednesday afternoon when a helicopter crashed in rural eastern Tennessee, officials said.

The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the crash by a bystander who saw and heard the craft going down about 3 p.m., WBIR-TV reported. The crash happened near the Cocke County line and officials from both counties responded. They did not immediately release the names of those involved in the crash.

Federal Aviation Administration officials told the station only two people were aboard the aircraft. They will investigate what went wrong along with the National Transportation Safety Board.

“I was in my bedroom with the sliding glass door open to my balcony, and I heard a helicopter that was very, very low to the ground,” Brandi Proffit told the station. “Just minutes later, first responders were flying by the house.”

A private individual picked up the Robinson R-44 four-seat light helicopter at Gatlinburg Pigeon Forge Airport. It was owned by Touchstone Helicopters and operated by a company called Lifted, officials said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/helicopter-crash-in-tennessee-leaves-1-dead-1-injured/ar-AASfDxD?li=BBnbfcL
That was a really great pull!  I've not heard much Ops traffic before.  It dawned on me while I was listening that GPWS uses a radar altimeter that we recently learned is in the same frequency range as the new 5G cell service.  This is the type of issue we might expect from that interference.  It's more likely to be something on that specific aircraft but it would be really interesting to find that a cell carrier just put a tower online nearby.
Listener Forum / DXB?
« Last post by Jonakwan on December 29, 2021, 08:01:52 PM »
Hello all

Is there a DXB feed? Can someone be the host of a DXB feed?

Thank you.
Listener Forum / Re: Stream LiveATC to your Amazon Echo (Alexa?)
« Last post by Jhaab on December 29, 2021, 07:37:46 PM »
Has there been any updates on this of having an Alexa skill for LiveATC?

Tim, are you able to share any info of how you were to get it done with a single feed?

Happy New Years!

Jason
Once we were told before we left boston we would, not reach ksfo and land in salt lake for refuel. Another time we were hled in boston to add more fuel and were told not sure we would reach ksfo. During the flight the pilot came on and told us we would indeed make it to ksfo without refueling to everyones relief.
Its happened to me, makes for a long day
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10