Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Aviation Audio Clips / United 1816 lost hydraulic system at SFO
« Last post by Squawk 7700 on March 14, 2024, 01:14:43 PM »
United Flight 1816 an Airbus A320 from DFW to SFO lost the "green side' hydraulics system which runs the nose wheel steering. Differential braking was used to steer the aircraft off the runway and the aircraft was towed to the gate.
The flight crew reported it to be a low tire pressure indication.  Emergency crews checked out the aircraft after landing and found no damage.  The aircraft taxied normally to the gate.
Feed Setup Pictures / Re: Updated ESSL - tower in the woods 2021
« Last post by ludlo on March 14, 2024, 07:09:43 AM »
Yes indeed, I have noticed and we are actively troubleshooting that right now  :-)
The buffering part, maybe not so much in the feeder endpoint, but the clipping is for sure in the reciever.
Hopefully we will come to a resolution in a near future.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/american-airlines-boeing-suffers-mechanical-emergency-mid-flight/ar-BB1jRRbi?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=71f01b349f7040eba17ac78cae79d880&ei=9

An American Airlines flight that left Dallas Fort Worth International Airport on Wednesday evening was forced to make an emergency landing in Los Angeles after a possible mechanical problem was reported by the pilot.

Flight AA 345 landed at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) at around 8:45 p.m. with no reports of injuries aboard, to either passengers or crew.  The aircraft, a Boeing 777, was able to taxi on the runway after landing and let passengers disembark, an American Airlines spokesperson told KTLA 5.

The precise cause of the emergency, the result of what the pilot referred to as a "possible mechanical issue," is still unclear. Newsweek contacted American Airlines and Boeing for comment by email early on Thursday.

According to flight tracker website FlightAware, the flight, which left DFW at 19:35 CDT, landed at LAX some ten minutes ahead of its scheduled arrival.

The emergency landing in Los Angeles is only the latest in a recent string of incidents involving Boeing aircraft.
Aviation Audio Clips / Single engine aircraft crashes Warren County, VA
« Last post by KB4TEZ on March 13, 2024, 06:54:16 AM »
I did find him on ADS, and the Guard Freq, so the audio isn't the best,
captured the initial mayday, but not him talking to Washington Ctr Linden sector at all.
(maybe someone can do some perusing)
Glad he got it down, and is safe.

Single engine aircraft crashes in field Tuesday evening.
Just after 7 PM, WCFR was dispatched to Steed Lane, in the Rivermont area of Warren County, for a reported aircraft crash. The aircraft, which was traveling from Michigan to Winchester, reported engine trouble at approximately 6,000 feet. The pilot was able to locate a field off Steed Lane, where he was able to land the aircraft. The aircraft struck trees during the landing, causing significant damage to the wings. The pilot was able to self extricate from the aircraft prior to fire and EMS arrival. EMS providers evaluated the pilot, who refused transport to the hospital.
Personnel operated on the scene for approximately an hour before the scene was turned over to the Federal Aviation Administration and the Virginia State Police.
Feed Setup Pictures / Re: Updated ESSL - tower in the woods 2021
« Last post by andypandy on March 13, 2024, 06:34:21 AM »
I have been having some stream issues the last few days. I noticed that transmissions was sometimes cut off in the middle or skipping or missing beginning of transmissions. When I listend via my phone I seem to be disconnected more often than before and while listening on VLC on my computer it looks like it "buffers" or something similar when it happens. There is a orange/yellow loading bar for a second when it happens, then it continues. It does look like some kind of connectivity/stability issue, but its hard to be sure. I assume that since the stream is delivered to me via LiveATC it would indicate a problem on their end and not on your setup? I'm listening to the ESSL stream. If you listen for a few minutes with radio activity you will quickly notice it.
Aviation Audio Clips / Belly landing Billings Beachcraft
« Last post by KB4TEZ on March 12, 2024, 01:44:35 PM »
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/355691

Date:   Tuesday 12 March 2024
Time:   c. 14:00 UTC
Type:   Silhouette image of generic BE20 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different   
Beechcraft B200 Super King Air
Owner/operator:   Teton Leasing LLC
MSN:   BB-1680
Year of manufacture:   1999
Fatalities:   Fatalities: 0 / Occupants:
Aircraft damage:   Unknown
Location:   Billings Logan International Airport (BIL/KBIL), Billings, MT -    United States of America
Phase:   Landing
Nature:   Unknown
Departure airport:   Billings-Logan International Airport, MT (BIL/KBIL)
Destination airport:   Colstrip Airport, MT (M46)
Confidence Rating:    Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
The Beechcraft B200 Super King Air landed gearup at Billings-Logan International Airport, MT (BIL).

ADS-B data show that the aircraft departed BIL at 13:43 UTC. Five minutes after takeoff the flight turned back toward BIL, with the last data point being recorded at 13:52. The flight subsequently landed gear up at BIL.
Aviation News (General) / Airbus Ultralarge BelugaST Freighter Open for Business
« Last post by RonR on March 12, 2024, 08:11:29 AM »
Airbus Beluga Transport, a new cargo airline established by the European aircraft manufacturer to carry oversize loads, is open for business and looking for customers.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/airbus-distinctive-new-airline-ready-to-haul-whale-size-loads
Didn't see this flyover but was listening to the tower and they made a comment to MUSEL8 Air Force Huey during a reroute for the flyover, that there was a flight of 3 T38's inbound to DCA ... "a flight of 3 now...looks like we lost one".

Then saw this instagram post (https://www.instagram.com/p/C4VsK97OJlL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==), tagged to #ArlingtonNationalCemetery that her husband "had an interesting Friday at work" and said he was a pilot for the ANC flyover on Friday in missing man formation, but had a bird strike while holding prior to the flyover, and he returned to ADW safely.

Here are a couple of clips from ADW and DCA towers.  DRAGO is the callsign for flyovers, the aircraft declaring emergency is DRAGO53 to ADW tower at around 16:42:50Z (12m:50s into the original clip which I assume starts at 16:30Z)

The comment on KDCA Tower is at 15:30 into the original clip.  (MUSEL8 was given clearance to proceed on route a few minutes later after the flyover).

Not been able to find other communications; earlier on KDCA KRANT freq, ATC told DRAGO51 to contact approach on 335.5 but I don't think that frequency is covered here.

Attaching the original full files.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10