Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Listener Forum / Re: ZME Frequency Update Inquiry
« Last post by JetScan1 on March 21, 2024, 09:10:13 AM »
Anyone have any info as to a possible change of frequency for ZME Sector TINGS High 25.  I have frequency listed as 122.275 but now seems as though no activity.  I have a unlisted frequency of 135.50.  Is this a new freq replacing 122.275.

Thanks for the heads up. Listening to the KARG CTAF/Memphis Center feed and based on the handoffs it does appear that 135.500 has replaced 122.275 for at least the last week (really miss the archives going back 30 days). Can't find any NOTAMS on it. Not sure if it's new or a backup sub ?

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2024/03/20/faa-shifting-newark-air-traffic-control-philadelphia-airport/73047086007/?fbclid=IwAR11f6Xn8PjFzK9ZJPXQ9JKLieJYszUwq4nE9GUyiapWLJaQLRauHGqVLgA

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration said on Wednesday it will relocate control of the Newark, New Jersey, airspace area to Philadelphia to address staffing issues and congested traffic in the New York City area.

The announcement comes ahead of what could be a record summer travel season. Airlines this week forecast record travel this spring.

The FAA, which has struggled with air traffic staffing issues, said it and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) signed a memorandum to relocate control of Newark at New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) (N90) to Philadelphia Tower/TRACON by the end of June.

The FAA said the change will help "meet continued traffic demand in the busy Northeast Corridor." Several controllers are expected to voluntarily transfer to Philadelphia.
New York TRACON is one of the busiest U.S. facilities overseeing among the most complex American airspace.
The FAA in 2023 had said it planned to reassign approximately 100 square miles of Newark airspace from N90 toPhiladelphia to address staffing issues.

United Airlines has a hub at Newark International Airport, which often faces significant delays because of congestion and air traffic staffing issues. The carrier reduced flights last summer after flight disruptions and CEO Scott Kirby sharply criticized the FAA performance adding "Newark has more flights scheduled than the physical infrastructure can handle."

The FAA extended cuts to minimum flight requirements at New York City-area airports through October because of staffing issues.

Aviation Audio Clips / APU Fire causes divert to Corpus Christi
« Last post by KB4TEZ on March 21, 2024, 07:50:34 AM »
https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/366325

Well started out as a "secret" to short approaches into Corpus Christi, to an inbound emergency with a Citation.
enjoy

Type:   Silhouette image of generic C700 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different   
Cessna 700 Citation Longitude
Owner/operator:   Private
MSN:   700-0013
Year of manufacture:   2020
Fatalities:   Fatalities: 0 / Occupants:
Aircraft damage:   Unknown
Location:   over the Gulf of Mexico -    United States of America
Phase:   En route
Nature:   Private
Departure airport:   Roxboro-Person County Airport, NC (KTDF)
Destination airport:   Harlingen-Valley International Airport, TX (HRL/KHRL)
Confidence Rating:    Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Narrative:
The aircraft diverted to Corpus Christi, TX, reportedly due to an APU fire.

Aviation Audio Clips / American A319 at Boston on Mar 20th engine compressor stall
« Last post by KB4TEZ on March 21, 2024, 06:22:57 AM »
https://avherald.com/h?article=51663145&opt=0

An American Airlines Airbus A319-100, registration N762US performing flight AA-1146 from Boston,MA to Philadelphia,PA (USA), was climbing out of Boston's runway 22R when the crew requested to level off at 6000 feet reporting they had a compressor stall on one of their engines (CFM56) and there was a brief smell of smoke afterwards, hence they wanted to return to Boston. The crew requested a long final while working 5 or 6 things they had to do. The aircraft landed safely back on runway 22L about 20 minutes after departure.

Passengers reported they saw a streak of flames and some smoke, the captain subsequently announced it was a bird strike.

A replacement Airbus A321-200N registration N467AL is estimated to reach Philadelphia with a delay of about 10 hours.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1146/history/20240320/1621Z/KBOS/KBOS

Listener Forum / Re: Travis AFB Air Show Weekend Frequencies
« Last post by Squawk 7700 on March 20, 2024, 09:28:26 PM »
I can confirm the Blue Angels were on 284.250, 275.350, 237.800.

Show performers Air to Air heard on 123.150. Do you know what the Airboss Frequency was?

Ken

Listener Forum / ZME Frequency Update Inquiry
« Last post by davidp124 on March 20, 2024, 09:12:28 PM »
Anyone have any info as to a possible change of frequency for ZME Sector TINGS High 25.  I have frequency listed as 122.275 but now seems as though no activity.  I have a unlisted frequency of 135.50.  Is this a new freq replacing 122.275.  Any help appreciated.

Dave/
davidp124@aol.com
Feed Outage/Status Reports / CYHU OUTAGE (ISP Change)
« Last post by AirHighway on March 20, 2024, 02:33:47 PM »
Hello,

Just to let you know I'm changing ISP this end of afternoon. Feed will be down until all of the switch is complete.

I will advise when everything is back up and running. Hopefully by the late evening at most.

Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.
Listener Forum / Want To Be an FAA Air Traffic Controller?
« Last post by RonR on March 20, 2024, 02:02:50 PM »
For anyone who is interested in becoming an FAA Air Traffic Controller, the FAA will be opening up their 2024 hiring window from April 19 to 22.  Click on the link below to find out all you need to know to get the ball rolling. 

https://www.faa.gov/be-atc

Good luck!!
Aviation Audio Clips / Mooney crash due to fuel exhaustion near Modesto
« Last post by KB4TEZ on March 20, 2024, 06:47:24 AM »
(Thank you Aviation Accidents-This Day in History)

Here's the audio.
On March 16, 2024, at about 1240 local time, a Mooney M20K 231, registered to a private individual out of San Jose, CA, N38RK, sustained substantial damage when it crashed following a fuel exhaustion event near Oakdale, California. The pilot and passenger were not injured. The flight originated from Auburn Municipal Airport (AUN/KAUN), Auburn, California, at about 1206 LT.
- Flightaware:
https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/N38RK
- Photo:
https://www.aircraft.com/.../n38rk-1986-mooney-m20k-252tse
Listener Forum / Re: Czech Republic: LKPR - 6 feeds are down; ticket 52913
« Last post by Maverick24 on March 19, 2024, 09:55:51 AM »
I understand of course.

I missed that website, I am sorry. I will do my best to help get that feed back online. I contacted company, who provide live stream with LKPR RWY 24 view with comunication on Tower freq, ask them for a placing a reciever. I hope I could do something for it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10