Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/united-flight-returns-to-chicago-due-to-plane%e2%80%99s-size/ar-BBOJXmE?ocid=ientp

A United Airlines flight was forced to make an emergency landing in Chicago earlier this month after the pilot told passengers the plane was too large to land at a Tennessee airport.
According to USA Today, United Flight 5277 operated by Skywest took off from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago on October 16 at 2:44 p.m. local time en route to Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport in Tennessee.
About 30 minutes into the flight, the pilot informed passengers that the plane they were flying in was too big for a landing in Chattanooga, so they would be forced to turn back to O'Hare instead.

United Flight 5277 was scheduled to be operated with a Bombardier CRJ-200, but Skywest flew the route with an Embraer EMB-175 due to the original plane undergoing equipment changes. While the Tennessee airport can support the size of the Embraer, United didn’t have the equipment at the facility to handle the plane once it landed.
I love the kid's reaction in the back seat.

"Watch out for the airplane!"  :-D
Listener Forum / Re: KAPA - Hearing Tower Only
« Last post by theguy0000 on October 21, 2018, 08:41:55 PM »
Most listeners don't like the all-in-one format for very busy airports like Centennial - too many exchanges are missed due to frequency congestion. But in this case we'll have a luxury since we'll be able to have both an all-in-one feed and a bunch of separate feeds. Best of both worlds.

Dave

Oh that'll be nice then. I figured Centennial was slow enough to justify all-in-one but maybe I am missing things. Thanks for the info!
« Last post by dave on October 21, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »
A new set of feeds will be going up for KAPA in the next 2 weeks or so....with all of the frequencies separated out.

Most listeners don't like the all-in-one format for very busy airports like Centennial - too many exchanges are missed due to frequency congestion. But in this case we'll have a luxury since we'll be able to have both an all-in-one feed and a bunch of separate feeds. Best of both worlds.

Dave
« Last post by theguy0000 on October 21, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
Wow thanks for such an informative answer!

I actually like how the freqs are all in one right now, but I guess that'll be neat.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: Random short clips- AHY101 confusion on approach to JFK
« Last post by Carro on October 21, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
When AHY101 checked in with approach runway 31R was closed so they were assigned 31L. 31R opened soon after but AHY101 was never told to change to it so it ended with some confusion when they were cleared for ILS 31R.
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AHY101/history/20181020/0100Z/UBBB/KJFK
Listener Forum / Reception problem nearby signals
« Last post by kovac on October 21, 2018, 02:10:37 AM »
First: I'm sorry for my English because it's not my native language.

Hello.

I made an air traffic control receiving station using an RTL2832u SDR; one 1/4 antenna; and SDR # v1.0.0.1.1666 for the purpose of making the signal available to the LIVEATC site. I live 6 miles from the airport and can receive PERFECTLY the Control Tower and aircraft flying at high levels up to 200 miles.

The problem begins when aircraft are flying low and close to my house, which is on the approach route to the airport. The SDR # shows the signal "exploding" in several waves and you do not hear anything at all from the aircraft, but I still hear the signal of the Control Tower perfectly.

The RF GAIN setting of the sdr # is -4dB. If I change the value from "RF GAIN" to + 17.9dB, I can hear the aircraft coming in at low altitude PERFECTLY, but now I do not hear the Control Tower and neither the aircraft flying high and very far.

I'm a beginner in these radio affairs. I wonder if there is a solution to this problem, as it is totally impractical to change the value of RF GAIN at all times.

Thank you.

Interesting! Crazy how the cop just boots in across the runway.
Listener Forum / Re: KIPT and ZNY feed problem
« Last post by pilotincmnd1 on October 20, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »
Thank you for your quick response Dave. I am greatful. Best success with the update.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10