Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Listener Forum / Re: Trans-Atlantic Tracking
« Last post by JetScan1 on Today at 01:28:15 PM »
Trying to make heads or tails out of the CPDLC database is a challenge.

If you're trying to track a specific flight or aircraft enter the registration in the prefix box (must be in CAPITALS) and it will show all transmissions in the database to or from that aircraft. Keep in mind that not all transmissions are usually captured on any given flight as the aircraft might switch between SATCOM and VHF ACARS/VDL2 or HFDL or switch to a satellite that is not covered.

For example for SAA204 enter ZS-SNI (must be in capitals) in the prefix box and you will find almost complete coverage of this flight across the Atlantic on certain days (satradar24 currently doesn't monitor the satellites covering Africa).

Attached (must be logged into forum to see it) is a text file of edited SATCOM logs from SAA204 on April 7th, most of the flight is covered from New York to the African coast, although there are some messages that were not received or missing.

You can also access satradar24 here using a slightly different format.

http://satradar24.com/view_temp.php

JS
https://simpleflying.com/delta-southwest-dallas-love-field/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

With all the storms around Dallas last night and this morning, I had no idea this was still going on.
interesting read above.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/flooding-leaves-vehicles-underwater-at-dallas-love-field-parking-garage/287-46a0946f-fc6e-4461-8e95-8a8687a67345

DALLAS — After North Texas experienced heavy all-night rain, flooding issues at Dallas Love Field's parking garage caused at least a dozen vehicles submerged.

Many travelers arriving in Dallas will likely see damage to their cars. At least a dozen cars parked at Garage A, Row C, Level 1 had water up to the roofs of the vehicles. A pump truck was at the scene trying to drain the water from the area.

A pump truck was at the scene trying to drain the water from the area.
Listener Forum / Re: ATC online game
« Last post by Amumu00 on April 23, 2019, 09:58:47 PM »
As a addictive game, I know it thanks to apknite
Listener Forum / Re: Trans-Atlantic Tracking
« Last post by diskus on April 23, 2019, 07:31:23 PM »
Trying to make heads or tails out of the CPDLC database is a challenge.  but cool to see

Perhaps while they're at it, the NTSB can also investigate the crappy radio that DELTA TUG 2 has at JFK. ;)

Seriously though, I thought this incident happened a while ago, because I watched the clip of this maybe a week to 2 weeks ago while trying not to spit out my coffee listening to JFK Steve.

Side note: Thank goodness you don't have any clips of JFK Arnie. That guy.... wow.

BL.
Hi there,

I am a new guy here, learning to be an ATC controller. Was wondering about one main issue and would be obliged if could help me, because it's driving me crazy. I'd need a FPS work system for a tower controller on an airfield with 2 pararell runways, which distance is closer than 760m. Currently we are using just one runway strip on bay and I find it unsatisfactory to say the least. I know that this may be too much to ask for, but still i thought that it'd give it a go. Was thinking of using two runway strips and to set AC FPS depending on where they are, either on each runway or on each half of the airspace. Thanks in advance.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: KSFO "Keep that big body moving!"
« Last post by kb4tez on April 23, 2019, 06:43:12 AM »
I love how she was talking a hundred miles an hour moving traffic until, "keep that big body moving."  like she was speaking in bold underlined letters :)
good post !
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/napping-owl-just-minding-its-own-business-found-inside-plane-engine/ar-BBWb9tL?li=BBnbklE

A small barn owl was snoozing inside the engine of a Virgin Australia plane, minding its own business, when a team of airport workers at the Sydney Airport disturbed its nap during their pre-flight check on April 18, Perth Now reported.

Sheesh, can’t an owl get in a few winks inside a giant piece of machinery anymore?

For both flight safety and owl safety, the bird was removed from the engine and checked for any injuries before being released back into the wild, according to Independent.ie. Hopefully, it’ll think twice before napping at the airport again.Virgin owner Richard Branson responded to the news with his own pun, saying, “Just when I thought I’d seen it owl ... Great job team.”
thoughts and prayers with the families)

The six people killed in a small plane crash in Texas have been identified
Six people are dead after a twin-engine plane crashed in Texas on Monday morning.ar Kerrville Municipal Airport, according to Lt. Jason Reyes with the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS).
The victims include the plane's pilot, 65-year-old Jeffery Carl Weiss, as well as Stuart Roben Kensinger, 55, Angela Webb Kensinger, 54, Mark Damien Scioneaux, 58, Scott Reagan Miller, 55, and Marc Tellepsen, 45, all from Houston, Texas Department of Public Safety Sergeant Orlando Gus Moreno told CNN.
A Beechcraft BE58 was getting ready to land at Kerrville Municipal Airport when the accident took place, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Kerrville is about 65 miles northwest of San Antonio.
Wreckage was found about six miles northwest of the airport. The flight had departed from West Houston Airport outside Houston, the FAA said.
The FAA said its investigators are headed to the site and the National Transportation Safety Board will be in charge of the probe.

(have been unable to locate any audio as of yet) KIWS or KERV aren't covered, so looking between.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10