airtraffic

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Listener Forum / Hyannis feeds silent
« Last post by wiedehopf on Today at 01:21:27 PM »
Hello,

the feeds located at Hyannis are unusally quiet.

Now and then there is a transmission but you can only hear aircraft and i'm pretty sure not all of them unless the frequencies have changed.
I'll pay close attention when some Europe bound flights will be handed of to the ACK17/CAPE18 sectors.

Regards

(And while you look at it i'd be grateful if you removed the GIANT KILLER frequencies i've never heard anything on them and the scan delay cuts off some transmissions)

Edit: Just heard a westbound airplane at 22000ft over Martha's Vineyard. Maybe the antenna is kinda dead? :(
Edit2: Heard another plane near Hyannis so the feed is working but reception is limited to close in airplanes.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: Near deadly runway crash averted at Dulles ATC error.
« Last post by Rick108 on September 22, 2018, 02:15:38 PM »
Here's a trimmed version, if anyone's interested.  Yeah, I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this - a few seconds either way and it could have been a major incident...

It's also interesting that neither of the two pilots that were cleared to cross 19C right after the takeoff clearance on 19C noticed the error and both proceeded to cross in front of the rolling UAL...
Listener Forum / Re: IFR pickup standard phraseology
« Last post by kaposznyak on September 22, 2018, 09:45:01 AM »
Thanks!
« Last post by VASAviation on September 22, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »
Hi,

I am a pilot from Spain and never heard of a standard phraseology for a FP rule change and we've made a few since our main base is an uncontrolled VFR-only airfield. In the US you may receive a full IFR clearance when picking it up airborne "VFR cancelled. You're cleared to the whatever airport via radar vectors. Proceed direct waypoint, maintain FLxxx"

But not in Europe. Not that I know of.
« Last post by kaposznyak on September 22, 2018, 07:11:35 AM »
Thank you.

That is what I have said. Vfr cancelled at..., continue on flight plan route. There was no indication of altitude change.

But the pilot--who is a B747 captain, when working--was not satisfied.

I know he is used to hear full IFR clearences and my short answer seemed odd to him. I tried to find an official phraseology example, but was unable to find any.

Now neithet of us can prove the other wrong :?
« Last post by VASAviation on September 22, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
Hi there,

It is so simple.

-Aicraft: "At [waypoint], request change to IFR."
-ATC: "VFR cancelled at [time] zulu, [IFR instructions may follow such as vectors or altitudes]"

Regards
Listener Forum / IFR pickup standard phraseology
« Last post by kaposznyak on September 21, 2018, 03:46:34 PM »
Hi guys.

My question is Europe-related.

So flying VFR, in uncontrolled airspace (Class F) with a Z-type flight plan (first VFR, later at a given point IFR) what is the standard phraseology for changing to IFR?

"Request IFR pickup?"

And most importantly what would be the answer from the flight information officer? Clearly not a clearence...

Cannot find any official source for this situation. And I am a flight information officer :-D

Thanks in advance!
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/jet-airways-flight-india-forced-return-due-low-cabin-pressure/cjYWxYdP21ROt0lbQfPk4N/

A Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur in India was forced to turn back Thursday when 30 passengers complained of nose and ear bleeds because of low pressure in the cabin, CNN reported Thursday.
An official with the Directorate General of Civil Aviation told News 18 that the crew allegedly forgot to press a button to pressurize the cabin.

"During (the) climb, crew forgot to select bleed switch due to which cabin pressurization could not be maintained, and oxygen masks got deployed," the official said.
Listener Forum / Re: Feeds Map
« Last post by hanoisss on September 21, 2018, 02:53:37 AM »
I think the answer is very relevant.
Aviation Audio Clips / The IND / ZID issue is incorrectly read
« Last post by demkhuyenmai on September 21, 2018, 12:57:02 AM »
The IND / ZID issue is incorrectly read
  Hello
Do not know if I should post, because I do not like to do pilots or do a bad looking departure controller. But because I'm in education. The ZID controller can detect and correct any failures
Thank you
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10