Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Listener Forum / Sorry to see Kuwait OKBK go
« Last post by 777lrf on Today at 06:54:00 PM »
Disappeared after offline for a while sorry to see it go. I liked the ground/tower/approach/center getting all types of traffic in the region.
Feed Setup Pictures / Connecting new feed to LiveATC
« Last post by Earth2Mars on Today at 02:40:20 AM »
I have feed from my local airport. How do I bring it live on the website?
Aviation Audio Clips / EK235 Diversion to YYR
« Last post by kitsaber691 on July 19, 2018, 10:12:26 PM »
DXB-->BOS. Unspecified engine issue. PAN-PAN is included in the clip.

(FYI, the YYR tower archives were on the fritz and I couldn't get anything from when the flight landed.)
Aviation Audio Clips / KTRK N5329K Crash
« Last post by Fryy on July 19, 2018, 06:59:42 PM »
Navion N5329K went down shortly after departing KTRK Tue July 17 at approximately 0730Z. 2 fatalities, another critical.
Listener Forum / Re: Mid Air Collision In Miami Florida
« Last post by Carro on July 19, 2018, 01:45:48 PM »
I can't believe the intro to the video in the first link is actually real and from a news site. I thought it had to be some sort of joke that I did not get.
Listener Forum / updated KJFK departures
« Last post by wiedehopf on July 19, 2018, 09:30:33 AM »
So the FAA has updated their departures for JFK:

https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/dtpp/search/results/?cycle=1808&ident=JFK&page=1

(There is a nice compare button)

Only real change seems to be the required climb gradient for the SKORR departure
http://aeronav.faa.gov/d-tpp/1808/compare_pdf/00610skorr_cmp.pdf

I guess that's for noise abatement.

What i wonder though: Why didn't they incorporate the infamous "Kennedy Four; fly runway heading to the JFK 1.5 DME then right turn 100"
That is a real mouthful to be read and read back. If they would just put it into the Kennedy Five .... whatever.

Have a nice day!
Listener Forum / LZIB broken since 2018-06-26
« Last post by Mormegil on July 19, 2018, 07:40:44 AM »
Hi, when searching for a recording of the yesterday’s gear-up landing at LZIB, I noticed the feed is empty (i.e. it is available, but no sound except for noise).

After digging a bit, I have found 2018-06-26 1600Z to be the last correctly working recording. Then, the 1630Z archive file is not available at all, and the 1700Z one is a really strange one, recording something else than the airport frequencies. :-) It seems like somebody switched audio sources on the recording machine or something. Then, in the 1730Z recording, at around 01:37, something switches off, and for almost a month since then, the LZIB feed has been just repeating clicking noise (unless there are other hidden treasures in there).
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: 13 Jul: N48BG busted JFK class Bravo twice
« Last post by wiedehopf on July 18, 2018, 01:20:24 PM »
Worse radio equipment on the plane and flying low level.

Radio equipment is the number one reason though i believe.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: 13 Jul: N48BG busted JFK class Bravo twice
« Last post by Rick108 on July 18, 2018, 12:10:46 PM »
Yeah, at the end of the recording the Tower controller gave him a number to call.  It took her three tries to get the pilot to confirm he got the number.

I wonder why the subject pilot is so garbled on the recording, yet the controller seems to be able to hear him just fine.  And all the other pilot transmissions were very clear.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10