Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Feed Outage/Status Reports / KTUS/ZAB Feed will be down
« Last post by skywarrior on Today at 03:21:39 PM »
Hi All,
Just a note that KTUS/ZAB will be off the air for about 3 weeks beginning June 1 for a move to new location. Should be much better reception then!
Thanks
i really wonder why they didn't make the RNP an "almost-overlay" of the vor-dme approach.
the final approach fix JIRVA is basically on the VOR/DME approach path. just track that inbound to jirva and do the RNP from there.
controllers would be MUCH happier.

the reason controllers don't want to give the rnp 22l when the vor/dme 22L is in use is simple: they can't vector all planes on the same course onto the approach.

also i believe either not all controllers know until which approach fix they can vector them onto that approach (i believe if the angle is <30 degrees they can be vectored onto the course until ZAKUS. heard "direct TUSTE" quite a bit. so all that makes rnp22l quite clumsy when it's busy)

of course i can't be sure of that because i'm not a controller.
anyway here the approach charts for anyone interested:
(JIRVA and WUGAL are basically on top of each other)

https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KJFK/IAP/VOR_DME+RWY+22L
https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KJFK/IAP/RNAV+(RNP)+Z+RWY+22L
Listener Forum / Unable to download attachments with tapatalk
« Last post by techy01 on Today at 07:00:02 AM »
Recently found I cannot download the audio attachments using Tapatalk.  It seems related to you returning a privacy policy.

Any idea how to solve this?
Feed Setup Pictures / Re: General questions
« Last post by John Franke on Today at 12:40:06 AM »
Hi Dave
Dont forget to let me know what frequencies you would like me to try for the Vero Beach Area.
Thanks.
John
Listener Forum / Airband antenna options
« Last post by HF_ATL on May 26, 2018, 11:24:38 PM »
Hello all,

I'm using a home made dipole antenna I made for airband.
It works good and I get a range of around 450km.
I wonder if there is available a high gain antenna for airband in order to further increase distant comms. I have no problem un DIY but would like to know if anyone has experience with any high gain airband omni antenna.

Beat regards
Sounds like two simultaneous but unrelated events. An object (most likely a drone) flying over 22R and also a dog seen on 21L.
Expressjet CRJ7 lost the left main outboard wheel on departure from La Guardia. They first decided to keep going to Richmond but then diverted to Dulles.
The first part of the audio is from New York and then it is a jump to Washington.
http://avherald.com/h?article=4b7744a1&opt=0
Listener Forum / Can you add Sydney director frequencies
« Last post by 777lrf on May 26, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »
Hello again. Sydney director frequencies the handoff from approach controller to directors, are they frequencies that can be added to the yssy feeds or is more equipment needed? There are 2 director frequencies I think. 126.10 is one.
Two short audio clips from JFK approach
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10