Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Listener Forum / Re: YBCV?
« Last post by JetScan1 on October 18, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »
many more freqs then are shown on the site.

For those not aware of it you can download detailed sector charts off the airserviceaustralia website.

During the day the YBCV radio is covering the following 5 combined low altitude sectors and associated frequencies - BKL, PWN, COO, DAN, EMA ...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/notammaps/BN/otsbpcde.pdf

And then during the overnight (around 1200 UTC to 2100 UTC) they combine with the following 3 high altitude sectors - ISA, WEG, CVN ...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/notammaps/BN/otsiwc.pdf

On the above charts green "G" frequencies are low altitude (to FL280) and brown "A" frequencies are high altitude (FL290 and above).

Australia high altitude chart overview ...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/notammaps/Australia/australia.pdf

Index ...

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/notammaps/index.asp

JS

Aviation Audio Clips / 17 Oct: Air Transat 189 MAYDAY
« Last post by kitsaber691 on October 18, 2017, 10:43:21 PM »
CDG-->YYZ. Declared mayday ~30 minutes outside of YYZ due to loss of power in one engine. Flight landed on RWY 23, stopped for inspection, and taxied to the gate.

(Side note...an A310 can do ETOPS? Seriously?)
Listener Forum / Re: YBCV?
« Last post by 777lrf on October 18, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
It’s back.  give it a try, best time for listening is from 0000 to 0600utc..  not much action at ybcv but lots of action from brisbane center.  the major east coast australia to  queensland and asia route.  many more freqs then are shown on the site.  this and flightradar24 go together.
what i found really weird is that i’ll see aircraft that brisbane center can not estalish radar connect

Thank you for the tip I'll listen to that and ybas for the main center frequencies.
Listener Forum / Re: JFK Approach CAMRN now on 118.4?
« Last post by wiedehopf on October 18, 2017, 03:36:14 PM »
i mentioned in the earlier post the tower feed kjfk9_twr was ground.

now i found the reason: it's swapped with kjfk9_gnd where tower is broadcasting :)

and right now somehow the reception of that kjfk9 receiver seems to be better than the main feeds.
maybe slightly more static but no lost transmissions.
Listener Forum / Re: broken transmissions on CYQM Moncton Center High
« Last post by 13ifs40 on October 18, 2017, 10:59:38 AM »
Hello

Thanks for your answer.       

Ian Snow
« Last post by JetScan1 on October 18, 2017, 10:10:02 AM »
dave,

We'll continue to try optimizing - but right now we're getting as much as we can from this location. Perhaps a new, additional receiver location will emerge at some point.

Thanks for the info. If you think using an actual scanner, like a Uniden Bearcat BC-75XLT, would make a difference I'd be happy to donate one. The two low sector feeds sounds very good, no interference that I've heard. Thanks for setting them up !

JS
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: Kennedy Steve Audio
« Last post by roadscholar on October 18, 2017, 10:06:08 AM »
A JFK ground controller juggles a dozen eggs at once. And they can't drop!   Pilots are people, too -- and when a controller can add a little personality to "the melee," that's a really nice thing.
« Last post by dave on October 18, 2017, 05:13:01 AM »
There was some interference and a related software issue...should be better now.

It sounds much better, but there is still an interference or squelch issue. It sounds like the low altitude feed is interfering with the high altitude feed ?

From what I've heard on the archives it's happening quite frequently. An example of this can be found on the Oct16 - 23:00 and 23:30 archives (starting at 28:11) where the high feed is stuck open on dead air for almost 4 minutes while you can faintly hear the low sector controller bleeding through.

Other than that, great feed, very good controller reception although aircraft reception range isn't that great, indoor antenna ? Nice setup, having the high sectors split from the low sectors on a separate feed is great !

I see 133.875 is listed as a Moncton high frequency. I've never heard it in use though ? Can anyone in that area confirm if they are hearing any transmissions on it ?

JS

133.875 was removed. No activity was heard on that frequency and it was indicated here that the frequency was not believed to be in use.

This location is on an indoor antenna so aircraft reception is less than ideal. We're also fighting some RFI issues on one or more frequencies which necessitates lowering the gain of the SDR to alleviate squelch breaking issues - this contributes to the lower aircraft range but is not the main contributor - the local noise and interference contributes more. The SDR software uses auto-squelch...we have also tried manual squelch to avoid the issue but that doesn't help - the overriding issue is the local interference which we can't mitigate otherwise. And the antenna has to stay inside, unfortunately.

We'll continue to try optimizing - but right now we're getting as much as we can from this location. Perhaps a new, additional receiver location will emerge at some point.
Aviation Audio Clips / Re: 15 Oct: Air Berlin 7001: final Miami departure
« Last post by kitsaber691 on October 17, 2017, 11:37:14 PM »
...and the last long-haul departure from Dusseldorf got a water cannon salute.

:cry:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gmcskPRsWvA?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last post by JetScan1 on October 17, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »
There was some interference and a related software issue...should be better now.

It sounds much better, but there is still an interference or squelch issue. It sounds like the low altitude feed is interfering with the high altitude feed ?

From what I've heard on the archives it's happening quite frequently. An example of this can be found on the Oct16 - 23:00 and 23:30 archives (starting at 28:11) where the high feed is stuck open on dead air for almost 4 minutes while you can faintly hear the low sector controller bleeding through.

Other than that, great feed, very good controller reception although aircraft reception range isn't that great, indoor antenna ? Nice setup, having the high sectors split from the low sectors on a separate feed is great !

I see 133.875 is listed as a Moncton high frequency. I've never heard it in use though ? Can anyone in that area confirm if they are hearing any transmissions on it ?

JS

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10