Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Feed Setup Pictures / Re: General questions
« Last post by John Franke on Today at 11:23:49 AM »
Thanks Dave. Let me know the frequencies so I can make sure I receive them ok from my home.  I’m pretty new to this. I’m using a RTL-STR on a laptop to feed local sheriff to Broadcastify. For live act I may attempt the raspberry pi with the SDR. I’m deed restricted so my antennas have to be indoors. I think I’m close enough that with a yagi Antenna in my attic I should be to receive pretty well. I’m looking forward to attempting.
John
Feed Setup Pictures / Re: General questions
« Last post by dave on Today at 11:00:20 AM »
Hi
1/ I live in Vero Beach 32962. KVRB is already on LiveATC. Are there any other feeds that need a host?
2/ I host an EchoLink node.  I’m using my Yaesu radio but the headphone out to the sound card is very loud and if I touch the volume knob at all it’s either too low or too high. Is there an adapter to convert the headphone jack to a line level?
Thanks for your help.
John

Hi John! Welcome aboard.

1) We could actually use another host in Vero Beach to split up some of the frequencies.
2) You need an attenuating audio cable or a matching transformer to deal with the line vs. mic impedance mismatch.

-Dave
Feed Setup Pictures / General questions
« Last post by John Franke on Today at 10:33:59 AM »
Hi
1/ I live in Vero Beach 32962. KVRB is already on LiveATC. Are there any other feeds that need a host?
2/ I host an EchoLink node.  I’m using my Yaesu radio but the headphone out to the sound card is very loud and if I touch the volume knob at all it’s either too low or too high. Is there an adapter to convert the headphone jack to a line level?
Thanks for your help.
John
Feed Outage/Status Reports / CYHU FEED OUTAGE
« Last post by AirHighway on Today at 09:01:57 AM »
 We will be bringing improvements to the whole network configuration where the feed is located. Feed should be back up and streaming by monday the 28th of May.

We will advise the status as we know it.

Sorry for the inconvenience and good day.
19 May: Endeavor CRJ9 runway excursion on landing at Lexington

Details (including airport map) here http://avherald.com/h?article=4b8cd2f2&opt=0
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/small-plane-crashes-in-port-orange/754729895

haven't had any luck, but I'm almost doubtful there was any comm's with Daytona.
link above and story below.

Facebook
VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. - A 22-year-old Titusville man was killed and a 23-year-old Pennsylvania man was critically injured Tuesday evening when a small single-engine private plane crashed in an empty lot near Port Orange, the Volusia County Sheriff's Office said.

The crash was reported at about 7:30 p.m. at Taxiway Echo in the Spruce Creek Fly-In, which is a gated aviation community, Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Laura Williams said.
The National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the crash.

NTSB officials said the plane had an altitude of no more than 200 feet before the pilot turned left and crashed.

Investigators said they're reviewing Tuesday evening's conditions to determine if weather was a factor in the crash.
Aviation News (General) / Ed Force One 2018
« Last post by Smaland on May 24, 2018, 06:30:04 AM »
Hi
Anyone who know's about Ed Force One this year?
Is it TF-AAK again?
Amen both safe !

COLUMBUS, Miss. (AP) — A U.S. Air Force training jet has crashed in northeast Mississippi with both pilots ejecting safely.

Columbus Air Force Base officials say in a statement that the T-38C Talon II crashed about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday.
The plane went down near Columbus Air Force Base, which is north of the city of Columbus.
The pilots have been found and taken to a hospital to be evaluated.
A plume of smoke was visible from downtown Columbus.
The Air Force says there were no houses or other structures near the crash and that the fire has been put out.
Columbus Air Force Base trains pilots on a variety of aircraft, with more advanced trainees learning on the T-38C. It is used for pilots learning to fly fighter and bomber aircraft.

https://apnews.com/4967c7f45cdc4f37a97316d0d44a21d4?utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter
I'm searching for the audio clip from a fatal plane crash at Spruce Creek fly-in in Port Orange around 7:30pm EST last night. The plane had Embry-Riddle students in it, so I believe it might have taken off from Spruce Creek or Daytona Beach's airport. Thanks for any help you can provide!
Aviation Audio Clips / 20 May: N1101X fatal accident on Bald Mountain, Vermont
« Last post by Carro on May 22, 2018, 04:03:47 PM »
A Piper PA-34-200T Seneca II crashed into the woods on Bald Mountain killing the pilot.
More information: http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2018/05/piper-pa-34-200t-seneca-ii-n1101x-fatal.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10