Author Topic: Vids from My Cross-Country Flight  (Read 7481 times)

KHAOS

Vids from My Cross-Country Flight
« on: January 31, 2010, 06:41:23 AM »
I'm a student pilot currently working on my Private Pilot Certificate, having just barely passed 40 hours.  Barring any bad weather, getting a good schedule and a little bit of luck, I'm getting told I could very well have my license by the end of February.  8-)  

Right now I'm in the cross-country stage, fine-tuning my flight planning and various other skills.  Yesterday (Friday morning), I went on a dual flight with my instructor from Bountiful Skypark (KBTF) to Burley (KBYI) and Twin Falls (KTWF), stopping in TWF for food and fuel before heading back home.  Best flight of my life so far.  Truly enjoyable, and such a privilege.

We lucked out, having had bad weather move through the area all week, the tail end of a system just barely left that morning.  Clouds were scattered and broken at 500' AGL at Burley, as well as at TWF.  By the time we arrived, the weather had cleared.  After gas and fuel at TWF, we did some mountain flying through Southern Idaho and Northern Utah.  What an experience and a privilege.  Beyond fun, I learned a lot, and one day I plan on going back after I get a lot more flight time under my belt.

Hope you enjoy the pictures and video.

Landing at Twin Falls:

Mountain Flying:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 06:50:43 AM by KHAOS »

Offline Fryy/Avocadoflight

• CalAggieFlyers
Re: Vids from My Cross-Country Flight
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:41:12 AM »
Awesome videos, good job. How did you get the audio from the headset recorded?

KHAOS

Re: Vids from My Cross-Country Flight
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:57:15 AM »
How did you get the audio from the headset recorded?

I have an old headset for my phone that I've got that I cut the earbuds off of, and just use the mic assembly itself.  It's small enough that I can stick it in my ear and have my aircraft headset clamp over the rest of my ear as normal, with the plug running to my phone.  To grab the audio, I just use an audio recording program on my phone, and store it there.  Works very slick.