Aviation > Pilot/Controller Forum

Top U.S. Carriers

(1/7) > >>

american2492:
Most of us here on this forum are pilots and others are aviation enthusiasts. Whatever the case, most of us have more experience than the general public. What in your opinions, through the economic crisis, has stayed on top as the "U.S. Flagship Carrier" In terms of appearance, timeliness, and equipment. So basically my question is.... If you had to pick 1 carrier to represent the U.S..... who would it be? Whether it be American, Delta-Northwest, United, Continental, Southwest... etc... In your opinion... who is the best?

cheers,

Austin

american2492:
AA all the way!

joeyb747:
I would put in a vote for United. Quietly getting the job done in there sweet new colors!  8-)

American is a great airline, but they have had a few setbacks...see the other threads about the AA 757 and two MD-80s losing engines...not to mention the one that was hit by lightning!  :wink:

All that aside, American would get my vote for "Most Recognizable Flag Carrier".

american2492:
After all your picture is of Trans World so you've got to have some love for AA... they have all your planes!

mhawke:
Despite being a premier executive on United for a number of years.  I still have to say American.  Always liked flying them the best.

The brushed aluminum planes with sleek paint is very recognizable and eye catching.

From pure standpoint of on-time, cost, etc, I would say Southwest.  However I still depise being treated like cattle.

Just the humble opinions of a frequent flyer, not a pilot or controller.

Problem is, the out of US flags carriers still outdue the US flag carriers in customer service everyday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version