LiveATC Discussion Forums

Aviation => Pilot/Controller Forum => Topic started by: MrClutch on February 04, 2014, 08:00:05 AM

Title: R&I
Post by: MrClutch on February 04, 2014, 08:00:05 AM
When I was a military controller years ago, we had a "read and initial" book that we had to go through before each shift. It's now computerized, isn't it?

Just curious, but what's it called? Certainly not R&I or RAI.
Title: Re: R&I
Post by: StuSEL on February 04, 2014, 06:39:04 PM
I know some towers that still have an R&I binder. I've honestly never been to a facility that's got it digitalized.
Title: Re: R&I
Post by: spades on February 05, 2014, 12:57:51 AM
Official briefings are still signed on paper but read & signs are now done through CEDAR.  I don't remember what CEDAR stands for.  Technically, I think we are supposed to check it before every shift but if something needs to be done then the way my area does it is that they'll put a strip that says, "CEDAR" in the on position list so when we go to run the list, we'll know we have something to read & sign (digitally).
Title: Re: R&I
Post by: zyuzin4 on February 24, 2014, 07:17:38 AM
At my facility we call it R&I binder. Not yet using CEDAR for this purpose.
Title: Re: R&I
Post by: Bobby Lee on April 29, 2014, 01:43:44 PM
Comprehensive Electronic Data Analysis and Reporting (CEDAR).  :-D