airtraffic

Author Topic: Federal Aviation Regulation(s)  (Read 7368 times)

Offline masterkeymaster

Federal Aviation Regulation(s)
« on: September 01, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
After I get my commercial rating I look foward to perhaps dong some medical flights. What is the legal requirements in order to do so to act as pilot in command and second in command. Does it fall under part 135?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:55:45 PM by masterkeymaster »

Offline porterjet

Re: Federal Aviation Regulation(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:26:56 PM »
Typically medical flights are 135 flights unless the hospital owns its own aircraft which is not common. When you have the appropriate Category and Class license go knock on the door of your local operator and keep knocking until they get sick of you and give you a job. You will be a 2IC until you meet the 135 PIC requirements and whatever the company requires which is quite often more.

Offline masterkeymaster

Re: Federal Aviation Regulation(s)
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Yea, but there is a difference between insurance requirements and Federal Aviation regulation requirements, I have no interest in satisfying insurance companies with my pilot log book, When in fact my entire pilot training was not tax forgiven. For me to make $9.00 an hour after spending over 80K in flight training I think there is a problem with that! When I did flight training I was told the purpose of the log book is to meet the requirements of a rating and for proficiency! Another words log books are off limits to companies.