Author Topic: LOA for Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce & MIAMI ARTCC  (Read 12684 times)

Offline arnobg

LOA for Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce & MIAMI ARTCC
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:19:20 PM »
I am working on a school project where I am to design an approach control for an airport without one. I have chose Vero Beach Airport and cannot find the LOA with Miami Center.

Offline Alcahuete

Re: LOA for Vero Beach, Ft. Pierce & MIAMI ARTCC
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »
Chances are, you aren't going to find one.  You normally need to request one through a FOIA request.

Offline atcman23

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:46:23 PM »
If you're designing an approach control for an airport that does not have one, why not just create a new LOA between the two facilities?

Offline arnobg

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
This is true since that IS part of the project, just kind of wanted something to go by so thought I'd see what currently existed.

Offline StuSEL

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:46 PM »
LOAs are all plain language. I can PM you one if you want it, but the format is typically like this:

Header:
Federal Aviation Administration
Letter of Agreement between Facility X and Facility Y
Date

All FAA documents address their purpose in the opening statement. "This Letter of Agreement is in place to standardize the flow of air traffic between Facility X and Facility Y.

Definitions:
Facility X airspace: 5nm radius from the center of the airport from the surface to 5,000.
Facility Y airspace: 35nm radius from the center of the airport from the surface to 15,000, excluding Facility X airspace.

Facility X will:
1.) Assign departure headings to successive departures that vary 15 degrees for radar separation per FAA 7110.65 Chapter 3.
2.) Verify auto-acquire of departing aircraft's full datablocks via the ARTS BRITE with QuickLook mode ON prior to handing off to Facility Y.
3.) Advise Facility Y when datablocks do not auto-acquire.
4.) Provide visual separation between IFR arrivals and aircraft within Facility X's airspace within the final approach fix.

Facility Y will:
1.) Mark the datablock scratchpad with an I and the last two characters of the assigned runway for ILS approaches, and a V and the last two characters of the assigned runway for visual approaches. (eg., I5L = ILS Runway 35L Approach).
2.) Hand off all aircraft to Facility X prior to the final approach fix.