airtraffic

Author Topic: Is there a hiring freeze?  (Read 55351 times)

Offline atcman23

Re: Is there a hiring freeze?
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:47 PM »
I'm originally from Ohio myself... I grew up not too far from KCAK (Akron/Canton), but I was offered CLE and took it.

So I guess that makes it a bit of both.

Offline THRILLHO

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:35 AM »
Sorry for the bump + slightly off topic post, but do any of you know if the long period before responding to an application holds true for other professions in the FAA? I applied for an electrician job last week and this is the only discussion I could find as to how long it takes for them to respond. Thanks.

Offline atcman23

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:51 PM »
Yes I've heard that other jobs within the FAA take some time.  The FAA likes everything to move expeditiously except paperwork.  Not sure on the waiting period but you will eventually hear a response.  Best of luck!

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 01:46:53 PM »
atcman,

Ya i grew up in Ohio too.  When i applied I wanted CMH really bad, since im from the area, but got selected for YNG.  LOL!

Offline atcman23

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »
Oh so I might see you soon in CLE then if this consolidation goes through.  You might want to live half way between YNG and CLE.

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
Haha ya you actually might see me up there!   I dont know what to make of this consolidation thing.  It would be kinda cool to go to both cities, but that commute between both could get to be tiring.

But it comes with the job, and if I have to, I will with a smile!  Haha!

When did you get selected for CLE?

Offline atcman23

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »
I got selected for CLE in January 2009 and I started in March, 2010.  It all depends on how they do the consolidation.  I do know CLE is getting a big fancy new tower and TRACON within the next 3-4 years.

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2010, 01:08:03 AM »
i got selected in May 2009, went to a PEPC in late June 2009,  then it took them 6 months for me to get all my clearances, then once I do...well you know the rest!  Haha

Well if they are gettin a new TRACON, then its more than likely that they are centralizing everything, so I will probably end up meeting you sometime up there!  Lol

-NAplaya

Offline atcman23

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 10:46:47 AM »
It's hard to say, it's all rumor right now.  It's in "planning" but it's not for certain as of yet.  As for the new tower/TRACON, yes that is going to happen (planning is wrapping up now and the final design will likely be unveiled soon).  If NATCA has any input, it won't go through.  If they do consolidate everything, then it's likely the tower and TRACON will be split.  Should be interesting to see what happens though.

Offline NAplaya16-ATC

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 09:46:05 PM »
Yeah, I would hope that YNG tower and TRACON doesn't split!   I love working both, so to split those would be a heart breaker!  Haha

-NAplaya