Author Topic: help for no native English speakers  (Read 7149 times)

Offline fabian24

help for no native English speakers
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:12:59 PM »
Dear everybody,

I introduce myself as a Spanish ATC student and currently sticked to the frequency in order to know and learn about real and daily communications, so mainly, my posts will basically ask for help and for someone to have a little patience and willing to literally write down or confirm to me some extracts of ATC/pilot communications.

Straight to the point:

- Could anyone correct what I got from the ATCO at KJFK "telling off" an Air Berlin from the audio "When things go HOT at JFK"?

"Berlin, turn left when A, when you're exiting and are pushing the stop like that, you can not stop with your tail over the runway".

Many thanks in advance.

Offline chuckles

Re: help for no native English speakers
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 11:16:53 PM »
I'm no expert either, but what I believe he said was:

"Berlin, turn left ON alpha, when you're exiting and I'M pushing the STUFF like that, you can not stop with your tail over the runway."

This was a hectic audio clip and there was a lot going on during the moments of the Berlin landing, Turkish on final approach, and Mexicana almost being cleared to go.  The controller was needing the help of all three planes to make his plan work.  All three had to be working together or the controllers plan would not work.  Unfortunately, one plane messed up and threw the controllers plan for the others out.

Offline fabian24

Re: help for no native English speakers
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 12:06:08 PM »
Many thanks chuckles,

That makes far much more sense and now I feel great relief while listening to it.