Author Topic: CAE/Simuflite - Supporting Crewmember Program  (Read 14134 times)

Offline flygirltammy

CAE/Simuflite - Supporting Crewmember Program
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »
Has anyone here had any experience CAE/Simuflite Supporting Crewmember Program? I start next week and I just want to be really prepared so that I don't blow this amazing opportunity. I have been reviewing Instrument and Multi-Engine info, but wonder if there is something more or extra that might help, too. I will be starting on the King Air. The training manager let me have a flash drive full of info for that. So, that's helpful, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Any advice?

Here's a link to the program I'm talking about. Basically I will be a sim partner for at least a year and get paid in training and type rating instead of cash:
http://www.cae.com/en/aviation.training/_pdf/supporting.crew.member.pdf

Offline porterjet

Re: CAE/Simuflite - Supporting Crewmember Program
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
I had a partner assigned to me a couple of times during my initial G2 course years ago since I was there by myself. He was called in when there was no other paid employee available.
All I know is the young man that was assigned to me seemed to have been around for a while. He knew the airplane pretty well and had seen just about everything the instructors threw at me. The one thing I noticed is he did NO instructing but was VERY helpful when I had one of those "now what" moments. Which was usually every day. :?

It should be a great experience and will look great on your resume.