Author Topic: atc simulator?  (Read 162562 times)

Offline c150driver

atc simulator?
« on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
Does anyone know a good ATC simulator or game out there?  I remember an old one called TRACON but i think it was done in DOS.

Any info appreciated.

Offline Casper87

Re: atc simulator?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »
londoncontrol.com

Offline kumara6

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:08:09 PM »
I've heard of http://www.pilotedge.net/ but have not used it myself.

Offline keith

• KS Flight Log
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:11:59 PM »
If you're looking to do some controlling yourself, PilotEdge is not going to help you. If you want to fly in your simulator and have ATC as part of the experience, that's what it's for. PE does use real people for the ATC, but is not currently hiring new controllers.

Offline falstro

• excu.se
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 04:49:08 AM »
I'm currently working on an Android ATC-game (approach/departure control). Trying to make it as close to a simulator as possible, with the limited interaction and screen real estate an android device offers. Will probably work better on pads/tablets than on a smart phone; Im running it on an HTC-Desire though (fairly large screen smart phone), and it actually seems work out quite ok.

I'd love to have someone help me test it/give me some feedback. Especially since I have no real world ATC experience, I build it from what information I can find on the net, it'd cool to get some input from someone who's actually seen a radar screen.. :)

Let me know if you're interested, I'll see if I can set something up.

Offline Marty Becker

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 10:19:41 PM »

Offline pspman

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 05:27:57 PM »

Offline AirtrafficController

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 07:30:07 PM »
Go Vatsim.net and register to become a controller. The most realistic experience you will get and its all for free! :mrgreen:

Offline Radar Contact

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 02:53:56 PM »
VATSIM has become quite "official" so to speak. They mirror real world training and processes very accurately, so expect a challenge if you are not already somewhat familiar with atc phraseology and procedures.

I came across Tower! 2011 recently and they are also pretty close with launching their TRACON and ARTCC simulators. They don't network with real pilots like VATSIM, but its voice engine is impressive and you can connect multiplayer to "staff" two positions within one simulation.

www.atcsuite.com

Offline erictarnow

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 02:22:55 AM »
Go to this url

http://www.wilcopub.com/softwares.html

Tower 2011, best program I've seen for a tower simulator and voice recognition is TOP NOTCH.  I have KATL and the default airports from the main program (St. Thomas, LAX, MIA)

Totally worth the money.

ET

Offline Ihsanush Shabri

• I Love Aviation
    • http://id.ivao.aero
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 04:55:07 AM »
ivao.aero

Offline MugRootbeerdude#7

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »
Well I don't know much but all I know is that FSX 2004 is a good one idk if there is any new ones all though Microsoft should make some new ones. I do know there is Microsoft Flight but I do not know if it is a good game to play or not I just had the Demo on my Computer.  :mrgreen:

Offline registerfail

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

Offline appcalyptus

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 12:24:32 PM »
For android and iOS: www.appcontrolgame.com

Offline megaking

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2014, 07:46:03 AM »

Offline davidmccallum1985

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2014, 09:19:31 AM »
http://atcradarsim.com/la-guardia-simulator/

It has both Tower & Ground Control. The Ground Control is pretty cool. Unlike any other i have seen

Offline mickybadia

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 02:44:53 AM »
Hello,

Coming across this topic, I thought I could tell...

I have recently developed ATC-pie, an ATC client for the FlighGear multi-player network. My last addition is a proposal for a solo training mode, which would answer the request here. See announcement here.

It is still under beta, so not directly downloadable from website instructions, but I would be happy if the people interested tried it. Contact me if you would like to, or wait until release if you are patient. ;-)

EDIT: ATC-pie has been released since, with possible tower view rendering as well if you have FlightGear. No ground control (yet?), but I hope you will like the DEP/TWR/APP combo choice.

See you,
Michael.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 02:56:59 AM by mickybadia »

Offline qxeflyer

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »
ATC4Real is a pretty good simulator, I am playing it on iPad but they said is available for Android and PC.
It has real flights as I could check with flightradar24, they are not in real time but real at least.

Offline NewItalianATCo

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »
Hallo!
I developed a client-server radar simulator  that is capable to simulate all sectors af an ACC or APP, it gives his best in LAN environment where each client simulates a sector, anyway it runs also in a single PC where server and client run simulaneously. in that case only one sector can be simulated and all other sectors are automatic managed by server which interact with client.

Below links to download program and to view a demo video.

http://dfiles.eu/files/bgn3wogrq

Offline VASAviation

• REAL ATC Transcripted Videos
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »
Hallo!
I developed a client-server radar simulator

I downlaoded it but need a document to knw how to use it, please. By the way, it looks pretty good!

Offline NewItalianATCo

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2015, 03:07:22 PM »

I downlaoded it but need a document to knw how to use it, please. By the way, it looks pretty good!

Yes I know that help file inside downloaded rar isn't so useful, program has a lot of features that aren't explained there.
Anyway clicking on start.lnk application starts server and  one client in the same machine. Automatically client connects to server and server send geography data to client. If you want to simulate more sectors in a PCs LAN each PC must run only the client part and you have to connect with the server manually by digiting server address in the client combobox. Once connected client must request geography to server and then inform server witch sectors client wants to simulate. When all clients are connected you have to generate flights on server and distribuite to clients with specific button get flights on client side
.It seems complicated but itsn't when all of this is done push "P" key  (server window must have focus) and simulation start.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:20:20 PM by NewItalianATCo »