Author Topic: UK class G - ATSOCAS services  (Read 16986 times)

Offline PYLOUFRA

UK class G - ATSOCAS services
« on: September 29, 2015, 05:19:06 PM »
Hello,

Regarding ATSOCAS services in class G airspace, could anyone give me an example of phraseology given by the Air Traffic controller to ask the pilot to choose between procedural, deconfliction, traffic or basic service ?

Many thanks,

Best regards,     

Offline martyj19

Re: UK class G - ATSOCAS services
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 07:40:28 PM »
As with anything, you request the service you want ("Request basic service").  It is not up to the controller to recommend anything or help you decide what you want to do.

In my view, it is always best to ask a flight instructor who is familiar with the area, local conditions, and country specific regulations, rather than seeking advice from the Internet.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:45:09 PM by martyj19 »

Offline Casper87

Re: UK class G - ATSOCAS services
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »
Hello,

The pedant in me means I must clarify that there is no such thing as 'ATSOCAS' anymore, they are now known as 'UK FIS' - ultimately it is because some of the services are available within Class E. Recently the UK rid itself of numerous Class F ADRs and replaced them with nothing or Class E airways in order to comply with EU regulation.

As for phraseology....the controller will ask "what service do you require?" IF you have not offered that information upon first contact. If you state on initial contact what service you are looking for then this question shouldn't be asked unless the controller is unable to offer you the service you want.

If you've further UK specific phraseology requirements then I'd suggest reading the UK CAP413 Radiotelephony Manual.

Hope that helps,

C