airtraffic

Author Topic: Suggestions for YMMB and YPAD feeds  (Read 4086 times)

Offline ATCBen

Suggestions for YMMB and YPAD feeds
« on: October 05, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »
Hi folks in charge of the YMMB and YPAD feeds.

Firstly, THANKS!  :-D

Secondly, below I've got some suggestions for frequencies you can change or add to the feed (based on your assumed locations, I've added the transmitter location). I've also added reasoning. I'm an active ATC covering the sectors between Melbourne and Adelaide and down to Tasmania.

YMMB:
- 125.7 is now defunct. The class A, C, E frequency in this area is now 134.325 and the class G is 126.8 (however they are combined 99.9% of the time). Both are located at Mt Macedon.
- 128.5 is also at Macedon, covering A airspace for northern Victoria, banded with other frequencies to cover W and NW Victoria too. You may also get traffic in the Griffith and Parkes area depending on time of day if those sectors are combined.
- 120.0 is class G in the same area as 135.3 also at Arthurs Seat also combined with that frequency 99.9% of the time.
- 127.0 is class E in Bass Straight, also at Arthurs Seat (Normally linked with all the Tassie centre frequencies, so you get the whole of Tassie remotely!)
- Mt Tassie (near Sale) if you can get that signal has 130.3 (G in Bass Straight, normally linked with 127.0 and other Tassie frequencies). It also has 124.0 which covers from Sale out to Mallacoota and up to Nowra. If that sector is combined with others you can get up to 45nm Sydney and can include the other sectors you can get with 122.4 coverage.
- Mt William near Stawell (again pending your location in Melbourne) gives 125.8 and 127.4. The former gives coverage to G/E airspace in Western thru Northern Victoria thru south central NSW. The latter is another outlet for the same areas given by 128.5.

YPAD:
- You have 122.1 (Mildura) listed. However if you are as close to Adelaide as I think then you would be much better served by 135.45 which is located at Bonfire Hill/Summertown and is also patched with other frequencies (including 122.1) to cover much of Eastern SA, Western VIC, NW VIC, N VIC, S central NSW thru to the riverina.
- You may also receive 124.3 at Woolpunda (again closer than Mildura) but if you are getting good audio on 135.45 no point as it is networked with that as well.

Any questions please email me and I'll help out to the best of my ability!

atcben.pcdu@gmail.com

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Suggestions for YMMB and YPAD feeds
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:46:44 AM »
Ben-

Thanks a bunch for the expert feedback...we will look into getting the suggested changes made.

Dave

Offline flyer99

Re: Suggestions for YMMB and YPAD feeds
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:03:14 AM »
Thanks Ben, suggestions have been noted and will be in touch