airtraffic

Author Topic: ZOA Sacramento, CA. feed  (Read 10676 times)

Offline Chananya Freedman

ZOA Sacramento, CA. feed
« on: November 18, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »
Hello
I saw the ZOA Sac., CA. feed pop up on the new feeds page.  I put it into my i-tunes but there was no audio.  Can someone let me know what's going on...
Thanks,
Chananya

Offline tyketto

Re: ZOA Sacramento, CA. feed
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 03:00:40 PM »
Hello
I saw the ZOA Sac., CA. feed pop up on the new feeds page.  I put it into my i-tunes but there was no audio.  Can someone let me know what's going on...
Thanks,
Chananya

did you click on the link on the new feeds page? If so, you'd see that the feed is actually down..

BL.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 03:07:02 PM »
Do you know who the "feeder" is? Was it posted by mistake? Is the feed not ready yet?  Do you know if this is a center feed? Is it Sac. or is it Oakland?

Thanks,
Chananya

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 03:14:52 PM »
Do you know if this is a center feed? Is it Sac. or is it Oakland?

This is the text to the right of the feed listing:  Sector 32 - SAC,LIN Area High Alt: 132.95

The letters ZOA imply that it is a center feed.

That is all I know about the feed.

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 03:34:15 PM »
Thank you, Peter. 
Can anyone else explain why a new feed would get posted & immediately go down?  That seems a little... odd.  I've never seen anything like this before.  Any thoughts or comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chananya

Offline tyketto

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 03:36:55 PM »
Only thing I can think of is that it has been ready for a while, and like Dave said on the splash page, his day job has been keeping him from updating the new feeds that have come up. So the person providing the feed may not know that it is down, though Dave is now catching up with adding the new feeds to the site.

BL.

Offline bwells

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 10:09:15 PM »
HI all,

The feed should be working now. It was too over modulated and now it should be perfect.
This is also a part-time but on weekends I should have it up 24hrs.

Brett/KSMF
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:14:56 PM by bwells »

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
Thank you, Peter. 
Can anyone else explain why a new feed would get posted & immediately go down?  That seems a little... odd.  I've never seen anything like this before.  Any thoughts or comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Chananya

It happens all the time.  Read the FAQ.  Feeds are not guaranteed to be up at all times - that is why they get marked as down when they are not up.

If a feeder somehow leaves the feed connected and disconnects his radio, well, we can't detect silence automatically.  It can happen, and does.  Move on and listen to something else.  :-)