airtraffic

Author Topic: ZNY-ATLANTIC86 HI on KACY  (Read 9095 times)

Offline ferraraj

ZNY-ATLANTIC86 HI on KACY
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
KACY feed has been scanning ZNY-ATLANTIC HI (133.5) for some time now but only pilots (air-side) could be heard. Last night I noticed that as of only recently (after checking archives) NOW the ground side (ATC) can be heard too! Really great to be able to hear the controllers on that sector now! Don't know if ZNY changed their xmitter location or if the host changed something with the feed reception. I hope it stays!! Enjoy!

Online RonR

Re: ZNY-ATLANTIC86 HI on KACY
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »
I've been listening to the KACY feed for a few hours now.  I am fairly sure that I heard the ZNY 133.5 ground side earlier but I am definitely not hearing it now.  I can only hear the aircraft side of the transmission at the moment.  Too bad, wonder what happened there.

But you can clearly hear both sides of ZDC 133.125 which I think is great!

Ron

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:58:30 AM »
I've been listening to the KACY feed for a few hours now.  I am fairly sure that I heard the ZNY 133.5 ground side earlier but I am definitely not hearing it now.  I can only hear the aircraft side of the transmission at the moment.  Too bad, wonder what happened there.

But you can clearly hear both sides of ZDC 133.125 which I think is great!

Ron

The ZDC transmitter as near ACY.  133.5 is at Barnegat and usually can't be heard from this receiver site.  We need to get a receiver closer to Barnegat.  I have visited the Barnegat site and it is a great site but still need to be a little closer than ACY unless a gain/directional antenna is in use.

Offline ferraraj

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:33:53 PM »
Is is possible that ATC at ZNY uses ACY as a back-up transmitter for 133.5? I expect they have a lot of BUEC xmitters that are "unpublished". Perhaps the controllers were using this temporarily or as a test? The signal was so strong, it seems unlikely that is was coming from Barnegat. Conjecture on my part... You are right...normally from ACY area, Barnegat ground signal is weak at best with an omni-directional antenna.... Plus, I'm not hearing ZNY ATC today.  :-( Too bad...snow storm tomorrow should be a good listen! Really glad 133.125 is coming in nice though!