Author Topic: Approximate timeline for new archive server?  (Read 5696 times)

Offline KSYR-pjr

Approximate timeline for new archive server?
« on: July 20, 2006, 09:42:01 AM »
In early June, there was mentioned that the new archive server (that appears to still be receiving donations 6 weeks after meeting its goal) might be online in a couple of weeks. 

It has now been about six weeks so I was curious when we might see this server up and active.  I am really looking forward to a much longer archive duration than the seven days that is currently being stored.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
Re: Approximate timeline for new archive server?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:13:34 AM »
I have been away for a while - the server will be u pin the next week or so.  It is still being configured.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »
In early June, there was mentioned that the new archive server (that appears to still be receiving donations 6 weeks after meeting its goal) might be online in a couple of weeks. 

And as to meeting the financial goal and still accepting donations, the listed goal was a minimum amount to offset the cost of the server.  The extra funds on this particular campaign were to pay for the actual disk drives, which were left off the server cost since the actual costs weren't fully known at the time the campaign went live.  Long story.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:49:56 AM »
Thanks, Dave. 

Incidentally, I was not trying to make a big deal about still receiving donations.  I am confident that the costs to run this site grow with each week and any donations are quickly used up in meeting those costs. 

Looking forward to this server...