Author Topic: 2 Requests for EINN Shannon Control  (Read 10614 times)

Offline 777lrf

2 Requests for EINN Shannon Control
« on: February 24, 2016, 03:49:40 PM »
Hello would it be possible to split the EINN high into a couple different feeds? Grouping the EINN airport approach/dep frequencies together and separating them from the high  frequencies especially NATS would be great because EINN High gets very busy. Also, any plans for an HF station picking up Shannon HF? Thank you for this great service.

Offline 777lrf

Re: 2 Requests for EINN Shannon Control
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 04:13:22 PM »
I just noticed BIKF is gone, any hope of this coming back?

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 11:19:19 AM »
Most of the Liveatc feeds are made available by volunteers who have offered to host a feed.  If a feed disappears (like BIKF as you mentioned), it is usually because the original provider of that feed is no longer able to host that feed for whatever reason.  For BIKF to come back, someone would have to be willing to provide the feed.  And in the case of splitting up a single feed into more than one feed, the same limitations apply: the feed provider would generally have to be willing to do that (add the extra radio(s), power supplies, cabling, signal splitters, etc. needed).

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 12:27:32 PM »

No. Listening to and broadcasting ATC transmissions has been outlawed in Iceland.

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »
I run the Shannon High feed with the able assistance of a friend in Ireland. He's quite busy - so it's difficult to make changes. Perhaps some time in the future we'll make some changes there.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:45 AM »

No. Listening to and broadcasting ATC transmissions has been outlawed in Iceland.

Thanks for the explanation, oh well. Does this mean you cannot even listen to them yourself as a citizen with a scanner?

And anytime EINN could be split up it would be great, such a busy area of the world and tough to get all the interesting transmissions because each freq is so busy!

Offline GeoffSM1

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 12:43:55 PM »
Any info on EINN returning please Dave?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:45:49 PM by GeoffSM1 »

Offline jamez

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 02:02:05 AM »
will it return?,i love listening to through the night-plsssssssssss dont say no!! :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 06:13:16 AM »
Shannon High is back online as of yesterday. There is also a new EINN feed for Tower/App - reception not as good as #1 but there is redundancy now.

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 03:43:03 PM »
Shannon High is back online as of yesterday. There is also a new EINN feed for Tower/App - reception not as good as #1 but there is redundancy now.

Thank you. Having the EINN airport separate really helps to hear all the interesting traffic around the Atlantic.

Offline JetScan1

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2016, 11:48:14 PM »
On the subject of the Shannon High Feed.

The transmissions on 124.175 Shanwick Radio, the frequency that assigns the HF frequencies, have been coming in distorted and barely readable as far as I can remember on this feed. It sort of sounds like the radio is tuned off frequency or not tuned to that frequency and getting splash over through another one ? It's only on that one, the rest sound excellent.

I'm guessing it's a know problem as it's been like that for a long time ? This frequency gets very busy at times and blocks out a lot of the Shannon traffic. It would be great as a stand alone feed if it could ever be accommodated.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 11:51:38 PM by JetScan1 »

Offline 777lrf

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:03 AM »

Thank you again for separating the frequencies at EINN it is much easier to hear all the interesting traffic.

Can I also request a separation of frequencies for EIDW? The EIDW Del/Gnd/Twr/App/Center and EIDW Twr/App/Center/FIS get very busy. If ground/tower/clearance can be on one feed, and approach/departure/center/FIS on another that would be great.