Author Topic: ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) feed...  (Read 15982 times)

Offline RonR

ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) feed...
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
For anyone listening in to my feed, you might have noticed that air traffic in the northeast is almost non-existant because of Sandy.  Yet there is still some traffic overflying the New York area.

So for anyone interested, I've temporarily added a few high altitude freqeuncies to the feed to make it a little more intersting to listen to:

125.450 (ZDC High)
121.375 (ZDC High)
132.175 (ZNY High)
132.200 (ZNY High)
132.875 (ZNY High)
128.575 (ZNY High)
127.725 (ZDC High, I think)

The 127.725 freq is one I've never heard of before.  It's not on any of my lists but it is being used today.  Even with all of these added freqs, the feed is still very quiet...

Of course this is all fine and dandy as long as my power and Internet connection hold out  :-D

Ron

Offline datainmotion

Re: ZBW/ZNY/ZDC (JFK Area) feed...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:30:44 PM »
Good luck Ron!

Offline RonR

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:01:27 PM »
Thanks!  You should see the way the trees are moving back and forth here...I'm surprised everything is still functioning here...

I'm scanning about 17 frequencies right now and it is now quieter than it was this morning.  And oddly enough, the flights that did pass over or near NYC didn't really complain much about the rides...

Ron

Offline Saabeba

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
I followed Emirates 231 landing ~ 11:30AM in Dulles Monday.  Pilot sounded relieved on the ground.

Offline RonR

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
Well, not long after my last post, the power went out.  That was Monday.  Today is Friday and there is no sign that my power is coming back any time soon.  So, it's just a waiting game before the feed comes back up.  There are still broken primary power lines in several spots on my street alone.  And in my travels around the neighborhood, I haven't seen any utility vehicles...that about says it all...hoping for the best  :-)

Ron

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 07:50:08 AM »
Well, not long after my last post, the power went out.  That was Monday.  Today is Friday and there is no sign that my power is coming back any time soon.  So, it's just a waiting game before the feed comes back up.  There are still broken primary power lines in several spots on my street alone.  And in my travels around the neighborhood, I haven't seen any utility vehicles...that about says it all...hoping for the best  :-)

Ron

Sorry to hear about it, Ron.  I know how difficult the situation is down there...lots of friends and relatives still without power.  I hope it comes back soon and that you are doing OK.

Dave

Offline RonR

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
Yes we're all fine here.  We were lucky enough to have a generator to keep the fridge co0ld and the house reasonably warm.  Power came back on about two hours ago!  Yay!  Feed is back up! 

And now here comes the next storm due in tomorrow...power came on just in time for it to go out again...

Ron

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 12:13:39 PM »
Great to hear!  Got your other email today and will get back to you soon.

Offline RonR

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31:00 PM »
And once again because of weather, traffic in the Northeast is much less than normal.  I've added the frequencies below to the feed to hopefully make it a little more interesting... 

125.450 (ZDC High)
121.375 (ZDC High)
126.875 (ZDC High)
132.175 (ZNY High)
132.200 (ZNY High)
132.875 (ZNY High)
128.575 (ZNY High)
127.725 (ZNY High)
133.975 (ZDC High)
127.700 (ZDC High/Low)

Offline nybigfoot

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 01:31:24 PM »
Hello...I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this question so forgive me if I am wrong...
First of all, thanks so much for supplying the feeds that I often listen to.  I live in Pleasant Valley Ny (near POK).  I often track jets flying southward to JFK and track them with planefinder.  I get some flights from Europe that are overhead in the 30,000 ft range.  I am trying to figure out which JFK feed to listen to that would assist me in listening to aircraft coming south through my area.  Which approach feed handles this area?  Thanks in advance!

Offline RonR

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 03:23:32 PM »
Hi, glad you like the feed!

The JFK_CCC feed will let you hear European flights for JFK but those flights would track more over Boston and they descend over the eastern portion of Long Island.  You might try the ZBW Boston Center (CAM39) feed.  On this feed you'll hear a lot of inbound European flights to Newark but you'll also hear inbound JFK flights that flew more northerly tracks over the Atlantic.  I think that these flights would be more overhead your area.  You'll hear them first on 128.325.  They then get handed off to 135.325 and after that the JFK flights might get handed off to 125.575.  From there they'll be descending and will get handed off the ZNY 132.6.  You can hear 125.575 on my JFK area feed.  There's a separate feed for ZNY 132.6.  Depending on the time of day (or night) NY Approach would be 127.4, 125.7 and I've even heard 127.6 in the mix a few days ago.  I hope this helps...

Ron

Offline nybigfoot

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
Thanks so much for replying so quickly. Just the info that I was looking for. Thanks again for everything!!!

Offline RonR

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
No problem :)