Author Topic: ZAU NE FEED  (Read 8366 times)

Offline MIAMIATC

ZAU NE FEED
« on: October 17, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
I've been listening to the ZAU NORTHEAST feed and I dont know if anyone else observed this but IMO I believe that ther should be some delay's programmed to the channels being scanned. I have been trying to catch handoffs trying to figure out who is transferred on handoffs but either the first half or last half is cut off thus hearing only a frequency being mentioned but the flight number is not mentioned and when an aircraft checks in you dont get the controllers knowledge of the fligh being checked in.

Offline nfredrich

ZAU NE FEED
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 02:14:48 PM »
Yep..... working on it  :wink:  Just need more time to listen during the day.

Offline MIAMIATC

ZAU NE FEED
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 03:15:53 PM »
cool 8) have a good day

Offline nfredrich

ZAU NE FEED
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2005, 10:26:28 PM »
Thanks for listening though... at night it isnt so cluttered

Offline JetScan1

ZAU NE FEED
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 03:45:39 AM »
Good reception on this radio, although there is a bit of a loud hum/buzz noise. Adding a delay would be more annoying IMO. These sectors can get really busy at times, personally if you want to follow the traffic flow in this area it would be better to concentrate on either the low sectors or the high sectors, but not both at the same time during peak periods. A few radios are wasted here because people try to scan too many busy frequencies at once.

DJ

Offline nfredrich

ZAU NE FEED
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 04:12:03 AM »
thanks for the input.. maybe
i'll have 2 low sectors on during the day.. then open them all up at night when they combine them.

thanks for listening