airtraffic

Author Topic: Blackberry vs. iPhone: Streaming  (Read 5384 times)

Offline evilcuban

Blackberry vs. iPhone: Streaming
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:08:01 PM »
Is there ANY app for ANY Blackberry that will stream LiveATC.net to your Blackberry? 

I'm nearing the end of my contract with Verizon, and I'm not sure whether I want to go back to AT&T or stick with Verizon.  I haven't had a single complaint with Verizon's service, and I've heard (personal accounts of friends/coworkers) and read on the internet (so you know it's true) that the AT&T service and especially the iPhone isn't as good as others.  It's got to be a phone first, so dropped calls and poor audio quality are definite minus points.  I've looked through the Blackberry App World, and it looks pretty good.  I largely use Pandora, LiveATC.net, and a calorie counting app.  The App World has Pandora and what looks to be a good calorie app.  The games were a novelty for me at first with my iPod Touch, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually play chess with people with my iPhone and how many of those other gimmicky type of add-ons that require a live internet connection I'd really use.  Most of them, like locators, GPS types, and news apps, seem to be available in one form or another at the App World.  Your thoughts and input are appreciated!

Offline bluecrewfan08

Re: Blackberry vs. iPhone: Streaming
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 07:31:31 PM »
I use Moodio.fm

You set it up the free account on your computer first, then you can use it anywhere on you BB.

Only draw back is you have to already have your " stations" programmed in. ( in my case, my favorites). You can just scroll through every feed on here.

Works great though, no complaints.

Rob

Offline evilcuban

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »
Thanks, Rob.  Which BlackBerry do you have, and what do you think?

I guess this is a variety of BlackBerry vs. iPhone thread, with the angle being that I need to stream LiveATC on it...  I love my iTouch, but not really sure if I need to make the jump.  With Verizon's deals on BBerrys now (BOGO) and my new every 2 discount it's $50 to get 2 Tours and because my company gets a discount it ends up $12 cheaper per month to stay with Verizon.

Offline SYRATC2B

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
I plan on getting the BB Tour on Monday, according to Dave the BB application for liveatc is in the works.

http://www.liveatc.net/forums/listener-forum/labor-day-sale-on-liveatc-iphone-app/

Offline bluecrewfan08

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Thanks, Rob.  Which BlackBerry do you have, and what do you think?

I guess this is a variety of BlackBerry vs. Iphone thread, with the angle being that I need to stream LiveATC on it...  I love my iTouch, but not really sure if I need to make the jump.  With Verizon's deals on BBerrys now (BOGO) and my new every 2 discount it's $50 to get 2 Tours and because my company gets a discount it ends up $12 cheaper per month to stay with Verizon.

I have had the Verizon BB Curve 8300 for a year. I have an ITouch  as well, but it's the "brains" to my cars stereo system. ( Have over 4500 songs)

But soon as IPhone settles things with Verizon, my BB goes bye bye.

Rob

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 11:12:52 AM »
The Blackberry app will take some time to complete, and I will provide updates when it makes sense to do so.

Offline athaker

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:03:33 PM »
I can second bluecrewfan08...moodiofm works fine once you spend the time programming your stations from a computer.   I've got the BB Tour through Verizon.

Proved to be an important source of entertainment on my recent disastrously delayed flying experiences, watching out the window.  Only downside is that there's about a 10-15 second delay in transmission (i.e. the plane starts moving in real life by the time you hear "cleared for takeoff") but I'll stick to Verizon's network without thinking about it twice.