Author Topic: THANK YOU to today's Donors  (Read 10038 times)

Offline sean

THANK YOU to today's Donors
« on: June 02, 2006, 08:23:17 PM »
I'd like to take this opportunity to publically thank each of the donors to our Archive Server campaign that started just this morning.  As you will notice from the front page, we've already collected about a third of what is needed - in just ONE DAY.

I'm sure that I speak for Dave as well when I say that we greatly appreciate everyone's financial support to reach these goals.  From each of us, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Our KSFO system is currently being tested, and will be released soon - 7 separate feeds.  In addition we have another major feed system going in to cover a very busy chunk of the nation's airspace.  This one, too, was paid for by donors. 

Thanks once again to our donors so far, and to those who haven't had a chance to donate yet, there's still plenty of room to go on that thermometer!  $5, $10, it all helps...

Sean

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
Re: THANK YOU to today's Donors
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 11:49:30 PM »
I echo Sean's thanks to everyone who has donated.  Let's hope it goes this well in the coming days and weeks!

There's never too small a donation...
Jason

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 12:53:42 PM »
I have been away a lot lately - I just wanted to express my sincere thanks to all of you who have donated.  It looks like we may reach our goal in a few days!

Thanks,
Dave

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:53:27 PM »
As of noon today (June 5) we are more than halfway to our goal for the archive server!

Thanks again, all of you who have stepped up to donate.  There is no donation too small, so if you haven't stepped up to the plate, and you enjoy the site and the archives, please make a contribution.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 02:05:32 PM »
Hadn't checked the home page lately so I was unaware of the campaign.  Fortunately I am subscribing to the forum's RSS feed so I caught this thread today and enthusiastically donated.

IMO, the archives are a huge service.  Hopefully with this new server the archive history will again be increased.

Good luck in reaching your goal, although I suspect it will be hit very soon.

Another pesky idea:  Add another RSS feed that announces website news, new feeds, etc.  Makes catching news about these campaigns even easier.  :)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 02:07:43 PM by KSYR-pjr »

Offline KPryor

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 03:34:38 PM »
I couldn't give much, but I was very happy to give what I could.  I really appreciate this site and all the feeders. :)
KP

Offline KPryor

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 03:07:57 PM »
Wow!  Up to $1229.75 already.  You guys should be at the goal in no time! :)

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:59:07 PM »
Wow!  Up to $1229.75 already.  You guys should be at the goal in no time! :)

Yes, the support from the community has been outstanding.  The server should be on line in a couple of weeks.  We plan to have close to 1TB of storage online.  At the current recording rate this will allow for about 45 days of retention - and with the growth it should be no problem to have at least 30 days of retention for quite some time.

Dave

Offline KSYR-pjr

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 08:55:19 PM »
We plan to have close to 1TB of storage online.  At the current recording rate this will allow for about 45 days of retention - and with the growth it should be no problem to have at least 30 days of retention for quite some time.

That is very exciting news.  Great job!

Offline Jason

• CFI/CFII
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 10:30:55 AM »
WOW! $1489.75 as of today, mid-morning.

Thanks again to all that have contributed.

Regards,
Jason

Offline KPryor

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:04:53 AM »
Woo hoo!  $1509.75  Congratulations guys!
KP

Offline dave

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
    • LiveATC.net
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:10 PM »
Thanks to everyone for contributing - the support of this community is beyond expectation.  Look for the enhanced archive service in a couple of weeks.  Any incremental amounts beyond the target will be used for increased storage, which we still have time to implement.

Thanks everyone,
Dave

Offline Jonathan_tcu

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 10:51:26 PM »
What is the goal? I myself will most likely pitch in a little.  I'll read up on the donation methods.  :-)