airtraffic

Author Topic: Load sheet  (Read 6160 times)

Offline hakan

Load sheet
« on: September 10, 2008, 09:55:30 AM »
Hi everybody I want to learn how can i make one load sheet for any aircraft...Maybe I will be Ramp-Agent Thanks a lot

Offline OrbitalDynamics

• The shape of things to come.
    • usaviation.com
Re: Load sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »
Weight and balance varies at every airline, there is no generic solution.

With AA our W&B calculations are done at the load house in Dallas and all we do locally is follow the computer generated load plan, input the final load numbers and close the flight out.

As far as being a ramp agent, trust me you don't want to do that.Unless of course you like cooking like bacon on the ramp in the summer(110 degrees+),getting soaked to the bone in the rain (Nothing like having wet feet for 10+ hours) and freezing your rear off on those lovely January mornings when the wind chill is ten below zero.

Offline cessna157

• facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:22 PM »
I disagree with you dynamics.  I started my airline career working on the ramp, before moving to the tower then flying the jet.  I truely enjoyed working the ramp.  Mainly because at my airline, in the hub city, the ramp agents do EVERYTHING.  Fueling, baggage, pushbacks, cleaning, water service, commissary, security checks, running the APU, towing, deicing, etc etc etc. 

It was really a lot of fun.  Yes, there are the 35 degree rainy days and the 110 degree sunny days.  But that's all part of the fun. 

Offline MattG

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 07:36:39 PM »
I'm a "Ramp Rat" up in YYJ and I can certainly speak from experience that there are some "bad" days.  On the flip side there are tons of good days.  It is (really) hard work, but I really love doing it.  Similar to what cessna157 said, we do everything except fueling (and pushbacks... power outs only here).

Back on the actual topic, I have copies of the Load Worksheets we use for Horizon Air.  I just need to find out whether I can scan and email you a picture.  For Horizon we don't make our own... They are given to us by the CSA when they walk out to meet the aircraft.

Offline OrbitalDynamics

• The shape of things to come.
    • usaviation.com
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 12:10:26 AM »
Cess, I'm not saying it isn't a lot of fun (I wouldn't still be doing it after almost 14 years if it wasn't) I'm just letting them know what they're getting themselves into.

When I was at TWE I was involved in the hiring process and when people found out the job involved nights, weekends and holidays they were literally shocked that an airline operated 24x7x365.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:15:13 AM by OrbitalDynamics »